Mississippi Development Bank's $96M in Bonds Deemed Taxable
- Court's shift on housing bond tax ruling could hurt California investors' appeal. Stanton, Michael // Bond Buyer;08/15/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30210, p1
Reports that a federal appeals court has amended its decision upholding the US Internal Revenue Service's ability to tax investors Harbor Bancorp, Edward and Elena Keith in California's Riverside County Housing Authority bond issue. Replacement of controversial language; Absence of effect on...
- IRS: Colorado Springs' $345 Million Of Utilities Bonds May Be Taxable. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;9/14/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32713, p5
The article reports on the letter sent by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) that warned Colorado Springs, Colorado concerning the $345 million of utilities system bonds it sold in 1991. The IRS stated that the bonds may not be tax-exempt, citing an allegedly underpriced forward-float...
- In Second Audit, IRS Declares Kentucky County's Bonds Taxable. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;6/23/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32409, p5
The article reports the declaration by the Internal Revenue Service that Pendleton County, Kentucky's $100 million bonds are taxable after its second audit. The agency initially audited the bonds in 1998, closing the exam on January 27, 2000, with a letter that there had been no change to the...
- IRS Preliminarily Concludes Texas Issuer's Jail Bonds Are Taxable. Jagoda, Naomi // Bond Buyer;1/8/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34040, p1
The article reports that the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has reported that 35.38 million dollars of bonds issued in 2008 by the Burnet County, Tex. Public Facility Corp. to finance a jail are taxable. Topics discussed are the disclosure of findings on the Municipal Securities Rulemaking...
- Bondholders in Clear as IRS, International Paper Co. Settle. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;2/28/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31334, p4
Reports on the closure of audit of the paper company International Paper Co. by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service due to a settlement between them. Impact of the closure on bondholders of the company; Reasons behind company's audit.
- IRS Auditing $3.19B of Tennessee Gas Bonds. Jennifer DePaul // Bond Buyer;5/30/2012, p4
The article reports on the 3.19 billion dollars of gas project revenue bonds issued by Tennessee Energy Acquisition Corp. (TEAC) in 2006, which is audited by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
- Lawyer: Proposed Safe Harbor PAB Rule Hard to Comply With. SCHROEDER, PETER // Bond Buyer;10/16/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32983, p5
The article reports on the warning issued by Arent Fox LLP partner Richard A. Newman regarding compliance of a proposed safe harbor rule by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service. In a three-page comment letter, Newman said that the rule proposed in private-activity bond rules would be hard to comply...
- IRS Closes Audit of Arkansas Solid-Waste Debt With No Change. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;11/10/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33000, p5
The article reports on the initiative of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to close its audit of $15 million of exempt-facilities bonds issued by the Arkansas Development Finance Authority in 2001. It is stated that the borrower Waste Management Inc. received a letter stating that IRS closed...
- IRS says moving allowance is non-taxable. // All Hands;Oct95, Issue 942, p2
Reports that the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has ruled on Temporary Lodging Allowance (TLA), Temporary Lodging Expense (TLE), Dislocation Allowance (DLA) and Move-in Housing Allowance (MHA). Details of statement issued by IRS.