Consumer Sentiment Index Rises to 84.9
- Consumer confidence: US slump demands decisive response. // MarketWatch: Food;February 2003, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p7
Reports on the fall of the U.S. consumer confidence index as of December 2003. High rate of unemployment; Looming threat of war.
- Consumer confidence dips. Yen, Hope // Hudson Valley Business Journal;4/22/2002, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p9
This article informs that hurt in part by increased pessimism about jobs and the economy, consumer confidence declined in February, reversing two straight monthly gains. The New York-based Conference Board said recently that its Consumer Confidence Index fell to 94.1 in February from a revised...
- Confidence Index Jumps Considerable 12 Points. // Money Management Executive;5/4/2009, Vol. 17 Issue 18, p3
The article reports on the flow of the consumer confidence index which jumps up to 12 points in April 2009 in the U.S. The Conference Board of Consumer Conference Index has monitored the sharp increase in the Expectations Index, with the implication of a downturn in the economy. Moreover,...
- Syracuse, Binghamton lead confidence downward. Rombel, Adam // Business Journal (Central New York);1/14/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p7
Reports on the decline in consumer confidence in all regions in New York. Steep decline in confidence of consumers particularly in Syracuse and Binghamton; Statement of Douglas Lonnstrom, professor of finance at Siena College who conducted the survey, regarding the results; Decline in the future...
- Consumers turn merry. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;12/27/2013, pA02
Confidence hit a 4-month high as Christmas neared in the Bloomberg Consumer Comfort Index. The gauge gained a full 2 points last week to hit -27.4. Consumers also seemed more primed for shopping: The buying-climate index jumped to its highest since May.
- Conference Board Reports Negative Indications. // Quality Progress;Jun2005, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p23
This article reports that the Conference Board's consumer confidence index declined more than five points, from 103.0 in March to 97.7 in April, its lowest point since November 2004. Its expectations index declined to 87.2, its lowest level in nearly two years. The board's U.S. leading index...
- Global consumer sentiment. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;10/30/2014, pA02
Global consumer sentiment firmed in Q3, Nielsen's Global Survey of Consumer Confidence and Spending Intentions found. Consumer cheer was highest in developed countries. The U.S. index gained 4 points to 108, its highest since '07; China was steady at 111. The index for Italy, which slid back...
- Consumer Confidence Bruised. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;11/27/2013, pA01
6 The Consumer Confidence Index fell 2 points in Nov. to 70.4, showing no rebound after plunging 7.8 points in Oct. over the gov't shutdown. Expectations have fallen sharply in recent months, but the share of people saying jobs are hard to find dipped this month. Shaky sentiment could bode ill...
- ECONOMIC INDICATORS. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;5/6/2013, Vol. 42 Issue 38, p6
The article presents Utah economic indicators for April 2013, with the Zions Bank Consumer Attitude Index (CAI) decreasing 2.4 points to 76.5 while the national Consumer Confidence Index (CCI) rose by 6.2 points to 68.1.