Municipals Improve a Day After Fed Rate Hike
- Election Results. // Bond Buyer;1/25/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32554, p25
The article presents a compilation of results of election in New Jersey as of January 23, 2007. Among the approved legislation are those issued by Allamuchy Township, Ridgefield Borough, and Westfield Town. Information on amount and uses of the bonds is offered. Brief descriptions of the...
- Robbing Peter to Pay Paul and the General Fund. Ford, John Patrick // San Diego Business Journal;7/17/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 29, p51
The article focuses on the financing scheme involving the transfer of enterprise funds into the general fund used by former San Diego, California managers and accounting staff. According to the author, there have been reports that a portion of enterprise reserve funds was not used for the...
- Michigan House OKs Tax Shift Despite Detroit Opposition. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/24/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31976, p6
Reports on the Michigan House of Representatives' approval of a plan that will phase in a shift of payments by county taxpayers to summer from winter over three years. Amount of revenue sharing payments to be saved by the state from the scheme; Governor Jennifer Granholm's introduction of the...
- Households Held $860.6 Billion of Muni Debt in '06, Up 5.3%. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;3/16/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32588, p6
The article reports on the performance of the household sector in the municipal market in the U.S. in 2006. It covers that household ownership of municipal debt accounts for 860.6 billion of the $2.40 trillion of municipal assets outstanding, considered to the sector's highest level of ownership...
- Finances of Kentucky Municipal Governments. Houston Jr., Robert G. // Kentucky Journal of Economics & Business;2003, Vol. 22, p1
Looks at the finances of municipal governments in Kentucky. Summary of municipal expenditure flows and revenue streams in the state; Comparison of Kentucky municipalities to other relevant geographical areas; Use of data from the "Finances of Municipal and Township Governments," volume 4, which...
- EDITOR'S NOTE. Hildreth, W. Bartley // Municipal Finance Journal;Fall2003, Vol. 24 Issue 3, preceding p1
Presents information on articles on municipal finance. Background on municipal bond portfolio insurance; Overview of articles on educational finance.
- Scots to review local tax systems. Scott, David // Public Finance;1/14/2005, p15
Reports on the plan to review local tax systems in Scotland. Website launched by the Scottish Executive to keep people up to date with its efforts; Use of poll tax as an alternative to the current system; Review of different options for local taxation including the reform of the council tax.
- Infrastructure Question. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/1/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32080, p37
Reports on the efforts of city officials for voters to approve a general obligation bond issue to pay for several development projects in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
- Travis County, Tex., Readies $95 Million GO Refunding. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/1/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32080, p44
Reports on the plan of Travis County, Texas to sell general obligation refunding bonds. Amount considered for issuance; Lead manager of the deal; Inclusion of unlimited-tax road bonds in the planned transaction.