- WEDNESDAY'S YIELDS. // Bond Buyer;8/24/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32452, p1
The article focuses on activities in the U.S. municipal bond market on August 23, 2006. The tax-exempt market remained unchanged as investors waited for market-moving data and the infusion of new supply into the primary market. The Treasury market, likewise, showed little movement. Among the...
- Municipals Improve a Day After Fed Rate Hike. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;7/3/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32415, p2
The article reports on the improvement of municipal finance in the U.S. on June 30, 2006 following the strengthening of the Treasury market. The improved condition came a day after the Federal Open Market Committee raised the federal funds rate by 25 basis points for the 17th consecutive time....
- D.C. Needs to Cut Back Borrowing, CFO Warns. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;5/20/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31888, p5
Reports on the proposed reduction in the level of annual capital borrowing set for Washington, D.C. Rate of reduction; Viability of the proposal in maintaining a good standing in the financial market; Limitation in the operating revenue for the district's capital program.
- MUNICIPAL BOND ACTIVITIES. // Bond Buyer;6/23/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32160, p36
This article presents information on the various activities that will take place in relation to the U.S. bond market, between June and October 2005. The article informs that Women in Public Finance will hold its Annual Chicago Summer Fundraiser, for the Chicago Abused Women Coalition's...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Thursday, October 27. // Bond Buyer;10/28/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32248, p2
Provides economic indicators for the bond market in the U.S. as of October 27, 2005. Status of durable goods; Forecast for initial jobless claims.
- The City's growth: the crest of a wave or swimming with the stream? // Bank of England Quarterly Bulletin;2007 2nd Quarter, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p286
In this speech, Sir John Gieve, Deputy Governor for financial stability, discusses what underlies the City of London's rapid growth and, therefore, whether it should be expected to continue. He argues that the economic factors which favour concentration in clusters or hubs in many industries are...
- Derivatives & Structured Products. // Bond Buyer;9/21/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31973, p6
Presents charts and graphs depicting the performance of the bond market in the U.S. as of September 21, 2004.
- Munis Lose Ground After Greenspan's Remarks; $1,2 Billion in New Loans. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;4/22/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31868, p2
Delves into the municipal bond market in the U.S. as of April 22, 2004 in the U.S. Amount of money gained in major new loans; Issue of inflationary pressures in the U.S. economy; Views of people regarding the economy in general.
- Munis Unable to Maintain Early Momentum, End Day Unchanged. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;2/25/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32078, p2
This article reports that the municipal bond market gave up earlier gains to finish near the unchanged line yesterday after Treasuries were unable to sustain curve-flattening momentum and the front end declined following a disappointing two-year note auction. Traders said bond prices were marked...