MSRB Trade Indicator Plans Opposed
- Dealer, Advisor Groups Ask for Revisions to MSRB Pay-to-Play Rule. Casey, Jack // Bond Buyer;1/22/2016, Vol. 1 Issue F351, p1
Dealer and advisor groups want revisions to a Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board proposal to extend pay-to-play prohibitions to non-dealer municipal advisors.
- MSRB Challenged on G-37 After Court Ruling. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;7/3/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32415, p1
The article reports on the call of W. Hardy Callcott, a partner at Bingham McCutchen LLP for the U.S. Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board to amend its Rule G-37, claiming it is unconstitutional. The petition followed a Supreme Court ruling that struck down Vermont's campaign contribution and...
- MSRB Scales Back SMMP Proposal. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;7/9/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31176, p1
Reports on the revised proposal of the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board for institutional investors in Washington. Qualifications for municipal market professionals; Advantage to the revised proposal; Comments of Executive Director Christopher Taylor regarding restrictions.
- MSRB to Give On Real-Time Requirements. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;11/19/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31765, p1
Reports that the U.S. Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board will allow a 15-minute real-time trade reporting requirement trades of short terms instruments. Admittance of securities by syndicate members; Withdrawal of proposal that securities that are electronically traded be specially...
- SEC Asks For Public Comment On Changes to MSRB Rule G-14. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;7/2/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32662, p6
The article reports that the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission had asked for public comments on three sets of proposed changes to the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's (MSRB) Rule G-14 on trade reporting. The changes are to become effective by January 2, 2008, and are designed to...
- MSRB Warns Dealers Against 'Bunching' of Trades. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;11/25/2003, Vol. 246 Issue 31769, p5
Reports on the warning of the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board against lumping interdealer transactions in the U.S. Prevention of erroneous information concerning transaction size and time of trade; Compliance to the ruling on real-time trade reporting; Implementation of the transaction...
- MSRB Creates Advisory Boards Comprised of Issuers and Investors. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;8/18/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31950, p5
Reports on the creation of a two eight-member advisory groups by the U.S. Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board. Responsibilities of the advisory groups; Role of the groups in providing insight on issues involving issuers and investors; Aim of the board to improve the flow of the information to...
- MSRB Issues Guidance for Transaction Reporting Ahead of Real-Time Debut. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;1/27/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32058, p4
Reports on the issuance of a notice providing guidance on submissions of trades, error feedback, and other issues in connection with the real-time transaction reporting by the U.S. Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board. Inclusion of a list of telephone numbers that dealers can call for...
- New Rules Proposed for ROPs. ALBANO, CHRISTINE // Bond Buyer;9/19/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33784, p8
The article informs that the U.S. Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) is planning to propose a rule in order to improve and make retail order period (ROPs) safer for issuers and investors.