IN THIS WEEK
- ICI close to selling cracker and aromatics businesses. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;3/18/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 10, p16
Reports that ICI Corp. is close to selling its ethylene and aromatics operations at its Wilton and North Tees plants in Great Britain. Companies that are likely to buy ICI's aromatics operation; Production capacity of the aromatic plant; Assets of ICI that are up for sale.
- FMC Idles Granger Plant Amid Weak Demand. Bewley, Lindsey // Chemical Week;5/4/2009, Vol. 171 Issue 12, p27
The article reports on the decision of FMC to temporarily stop soda ash operations at its Granger plant in Wyoming until the third quarter of 2009. The company also moved plant employees to its Westvaco site, but no layoffs are expected. According to the company, the decisions are aimed at...
- ICI selects Wilton for next plant, approval soon. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;12/20/1995, Vol. 157 Issue 24, p20
Reports on ICI Corp.'s plans to build a purified terephthalic acid plant in Wilton, Great Britain. Investments made for the project; Approval schedule for the project; Estimates of production output.
- Leak at ICI Runcorn... // Chemical Week;12/20/1995, Vol. 157 Issue 24, p6
Reports on a chlorosulfonic acid leak at ICI Corp.'s plant in Runcorn, Great Britain on December 10, 1995. Source of the accident.
- ICI's PTA plant inaugurated. // Economic Review (05318955);May98, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p43
Reports on the inauguration of ICI Corp.'s terephthalic plant at Port Qasim in Pakistan. Cost of the project; Capacity of the plant; Infrastructure supporting the plant; ICI's investment in the plant; Uses of the plant's products.
- Chemicals. // Accountancy;Apr93, Vol. 111 Issue 1196, p28
This article reports on the demerger of chemicals manufacturer ICI. The demerger will result to the formation of separate companies ICI and Zeneca. There will be 9,000 job cuts worldwide, as a result of the demerger. The company made a Â£949 million provision for the split, resulting in a 1992...
- Engineering & Construction. D'Amico, Esther; Alperowicz, Natasha; Westervelt, Robert // Chemical Week;5/14/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 18, p23
Analyzes the business status of engineering and construction (E&C) firms serving the chemical industry as of May 14, 2003. Efforts of E&C firms toward restructuring; Investments in the chemical industry; Construction projects in Saudi Arabia; Expansion strategy of several E&C companies.
- Specialties. // Chemical Week;8/4/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 29, p36
Presents news briefs from the specialty chemicals industry on August 4, 1999. Acquisition of ICI by PPG company; Opening of a deltamethrin plant of Red Sun in Nanjing, China; Percent increase in the price of Witco's Irganox 1010 sterically hindered phenolic antioxidant.
- A brief history of Wilton. Duckett, Adam // TCE: The Chemical Engineer;Feb2009, Issue 812, p50
The article discusses the history of the Wilton site, a chemical facility in Great Britain. The site was opened on September 14, 1949 headed by ICI chairman, Harry McGowan. The original plan of ICI was to have a petrochemical extension to its Billingham site in Teesside, England, an integrated...