TIGHT SUPPLY BUMPS UP FIBRES PRICES ACROSS ASIA
- Prices for petrochemical raw materials and synthetic fibres and thread in the second half of 2005. Aizenshtein, E. // Fibre Chemistry;Mar2006, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p164
We analyzed the situation in the second half of 2005 for crude oil, petrochemical raw materials â€” acrylonitrile, caprolactam, p-xylene, terephthalic acid, and monoethylene glycol; commercial polymers â€” polypropylene and polyethylene terephthalate, and for the basic types of...
- Bid for capro Q4 hikes. // Asian Chemical News;10/6/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 419, p38
Presents information on prices of chemicals in Asia as of October 2003. Increases proposed by producers of caprolactam; September contracts of major producers of acrylonitrile; Prices of monoethylene glycol; Spot and contract offers for purified terephthalic acid.
- PTA/MEG hikes push producers to up operating rates. // Asian Chemical News;6/16/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 405, p28
Reports on the decision of Asian purified terephthalic acid (PTA) and monoethylene glycol (MEG) producers to increase its operating rates in both products. Price increase of spot PTA; Percentage increase of the PTA operating rate of Samsung Petrochemical; Information on the MEG production of...
- PTA/MEG prices fall as Chinese shun buy. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;4/7/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 396, p23
Reports on the decline of spot prices of purified terephthalic acid and monoethylene glycol in China. Reason for the decline of the prices of chemicals; Attitude of buyers in Asia.
- Capro bounces back. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;1/24/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 476, p30
Deals with the move being made by Asian chemical producers to hike contract offers for February 2005. Decline in contract targets for acrylonitrile; Increase in contact settlements for monoethylene glycol in January; Increase in contract settlements for purified terephthalic acid in November 2004.
- How low will MEG and PTA go? Richardson, John // Asian Chemical News;8/25/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 413, p29
Assesses the status of monoethylene glycol (MEG) and purified terephthalic acid prices (PTA) in Asia as of August 2003. Impact of Chinese polyster prices on the price increases of MEG and PTA; Spot deals in the MEG spot market; Factors contributing to the market situation.
- Buyer resistance spurs slowdown. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;7/18/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 499, p22
Presents an update on chemical prices in China as of July 2005. Increase in the prices of acrylic fibre; Factor that contributed to the decline in the prices of terephthalic acid in the spot market; Reasons behind the decline in demand for monoethylene glycol.
- ICIS improves contact with its Chinese customer base. // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;6/18/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 24, p43
he article reports that the weekly purified terephthalic acid and monoethylene glycol price assessments of ICIS are already widely used in the global market as a benchmark for settling transaction prices. With the price volatility in the market, the Fibre Intermediates China report will provide...
- FIBRE INTERMEDIATES DEMAND RETURNS AFTER HOLIDAY. Brice, Andy // ICIS Chemical Business;3/12/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 57, p40
The article offers an analysis of the trends in the Asian fibers market, with focus on acrylonitrile (ACN), monoethylene glycol (MEG), purified terephthalic acid (PTA) and caprolactam. ACN prices rose steadily in March 2007 as a result of tight supply and strong demand from the Chinese market....