- Naphtha heads up. // Asian Chemical News;12/15/2003, Vol. 10 Issue 427, p26
Evaluates the market performance of naphtha and its impact on the supply and demand of chemical products in Asia as of December 2003. Key factor which led to an increase in naphtha prices; Shipping of ethylene cargo for Korea; Value of propylene cargo produced in South Korea for January 2004;...
- MOST-READ STORIES ON ICIS news. Chang, Joseph // ICIS Chemical Business;1/21/2008, Vol. 273 Issue 3, p8
The article offers news briefs related to the international chemical industry. Asian propylene is poised for more gains on tight spot supply as producers cut back operations amid high feedstock naphtha costs. Methanol prices across Asia fell sharply in the first trading week of 2008 and may pull...
- Polypropylene prices fall on cheaper feedstocks. MIRASOL, FELIZA; NAYLOR, LINDA; Chen, Moon; Li, Angie // ICIS Chemical Business;11/21/2011, Vol. 280 Issue 17, p18
The article reports that the Europe polypropylene (PP) prices for November, 2011 are falling. With demand in the European PP market weak, the unexpected supply constraints are an upshot to producers. Some buyers expect PP to fall again in December, 2011 but with crude oil and naphtha prices...
- Features. // ICIS Chemical Business;10/26/2015, Issue 3684, p7
The article presents information on propylene and mentions topics that include the reported steady increase in capacity of propylene, the reported increase in propylene production and the global supply and demand trends for propylene chain.
- Ethylene is bullish. // Asian Chemical News;9/13/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 460, p26
Presents information on the market demand for and prices of several chemicals in Asia in September 2004. Naphtha; Propylene; Butadiene; Methanol; Ammonia.
- Olefin producers feel bullish. // Asian Chemical News;12/15/2003, Vol. 10 Issue 427, p24
Presents an update on the growth of the olefin industry in 2003. Factors that influenced olefin demand; Price and availability of naphtha in Japan; Buying interest from China.
- SIBUR plans a PP revolution. BRICE, ANDY // ICIS Chemical Business;4/8/2013, Vol. 283 Issue 12, p28
The article reports on the plan of SIBUR, the leading petrochemical company, to take advantage of the changing polypropylene (PP) market in 2013. It states that the relative value of propylene is expected tor remain high and growing as the world is positioned to be flooded with ethane-based...
- PP sellers drive market for margin. Kelley, Lane // ICIS Chemical Business;1/18/2016, Issue 3988, p11
The article provides an outlook for the U.S. polypropylene (PP) market in 2016. Topics covered include the projected increase in contract prices, the price adjustments being made by producers that could affect customers and the need for buyers to adapt to new market conditions. Also mentioned is...
- Big increases sought for Europe PP. Naylor, Linda // ICIS Chemical Business;4/6/2015, Issue 3533, p10
The article reports on the expected significant increases in the price of polypropylene (PP) in Europe in April 2015. It mentions the settlement of the contract price for the month at 915 euros/tonne, the role of shortages resulting from a series of force majeures as well as some propylene...