Nanofibre gets primed for action
- Processing of chlorofibres in textile industries. Mahapatra, N. N. // Colourage;Jan2014, Vol. 61 Issue 1, p62
The article focuses on the processing of chlorofibres in textile industries. It states that chlorofibres are made from polyvinyl chloride (PVC) which is derived from salt and petrochemicals which do not support combustion and also emit no droplets during combustion but emit toxic gases. Also...
- Asian PVC market plagued bv oversupplv. // Chemical Market Reporter;5/16/2005, Vol. 267 Issue 20, p19
Reports on the effect of the oversupply of Chinese material on the Asian polyvinyl chloride (PVC) prices. Impact of the glut of PVC in China; Competition from Chinese carbide-based PVC producers; Possible export destination for Chinese producers.
- Consumption Distribution Change of PVC. Zheng, John // China Chemical Reporter;8/6/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 22, p23
Reports on the changes in the consumption distribution of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) in China. Assessment of the total consumption of PVC in the country; Impact of the increase of crude oil price on the production of PVC; Increase of the consumption proportion of rigid PVC products.
- Brief. // China Chemical Reporter;1/6/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p9
Reports global developments related to the chemical industries as of January 2005. Energy cooperation between Venezuela and China; Value of the PVC project of Linhai Chemical Co. in partnership with Hong Kong Zhongce Group; Establishment of Jinshi Fertilizer Co. Ltd. by Shanxi Jincheng Coal...
- PVC PROGRESS REPORT. // Medical Device Technology;Jun2002, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p7
Focuses on the success of the chemical industry in the management of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) products in European Union countries. Improvements in the sustainability of PVC life cycle; Introduction of external verification for its progress report.
- PVC resin prices in recovery. Esposito, Frank // Plastics News;03/22/99, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p3
Reports on the increase of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) prices in the United States in February 1999. Approach to pricing of PVC makers.
- PVC prospects up on improving demand. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;10/24/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 511, p24
Presents an outlook for NorthEast Asian (NEA) polyvinyl chloride (PVC) for the fourth quarter of 2005 and the first quarter of 2006. Reasons behind the increase in prices of PVC in Asia; Factor that prompted major producers of NEA to redirect quantities of the chemical to the U.S. and South...
- European PVC prices hit bottom. NOOR-DRUGAN, NATALIE // Chemical Week;12/9/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 47, p68
Reports on the decline in the contract prices for polyvinyl chloride (PVC) in Europe in December 1998. Cause of the price decline; Expected performance of the PVC market.
- Price hike succeeds. ADAMS, JARRET // Chemical Week;12/16/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 48, p33
Reports on the success of increasing the prices for polyvinyl chloride (PVC) in North America in 1998. Comment from a PVC producer.