- Nicholas Piramal to spin off. Desai, Suresh Thakur // Chemical Business;May/Jun98, Vol. 12 Issue 5/6, p95
Reports on the approval by shareholders of Nicholas Piramal of the spin-off of the glass and bulk drug units.
- Nicholas Piramal net rises by 23%. Desai, Suresh Thakur // Chemical Business;May/Jun98, Vol. 12 Issue 5/6, p95
Reports on the financial performance of Nicholas Piramal India Ltd. in the fiscal period 1997-98.
- Fine Chemical Firms Plan Multimillion-Dollar Investments. Scott, Alex // Chemical Week;2/28/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 7, p29
The article reports on the Informex fine and specialty chemicals expo held in San Francisco, California in February 2007. The event was awash with companies planning to install fine chemical manufacturing capacity. According to Cambrex it will spend $30 million-$60 million within the next three...
- The beginning of the end for EU specialities? Baker, John // European Chemical News;10/31/2005, Vol. 83 Issue 2169, p5
This article reports on the effort of Asian producers to acquire assets in Europe as of October 2005. It was said that such efforts were made to gain market access and technology. According to reports, Avecia revealed it has struck a deal to sell its pharmaceutical custom synthesis business in...
- NPH snags Avecia Pharmaceuticals. // Chemical Market Reporter;10/31/2005, Vol. 268 Issue 15, p7
Reports on the acquisition of Great Britain-based custom synthesis and manufacturing firm Avecia Pharmaceuticals by Mumbai, India-based Nicholas Piramal India Ltd. Amount involved in the acquisition deal; Plan of Avecia to put the proceeds towards a deficit in the company's pension fund;...
- Laporte and Piramal form JV in India. // Chemical Market Reporter;08/17/98, Vol. 254 Issue 7, p3
Reports on Laporte PLC's joint venture with Nicholas Piramal India Ltd., named Laporte Piramal, to manufacture fine chemicals including pharmaceutical intermediates and food additives. Management of the combined company by Laporte Fine Chemicals; Facilities being constructed under the joint...
- Danisco Cultor Licenses Maltol In India to Stay Competitive. Landau, Peter // Chemical Market Reporter;09/20/99, Vol. 256 Issue 12, p16
Reports that Danisco Cultor has sold its Veltol and Veltol-Plus brands of maltol and ethyl maltol and will license related technology to Nicholas Piramal India Ltd. Company's goal for selling its maltol brands and technology to Nicholas Piramal; Agreement signed by Danisco Cultor with the joint...
- Window on financial developments. Desai, Suresh Thakur // Chemical Business;Feb2002, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p41
Presents updates on the chemical industry in India as of February 2002. Profits of Nerolac Paints for the quarter ended December 31, 2001; Net profit of Asian Paints for the quarter ended December 31, 2001; Loan of Nicholas Piramal group.
- DIGEST. // Chemical Week;3/31/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 11, p43
Presents news briefs on the pharmaceutical and fine chemicals industries as of March 31, 2004. Contract awarded to Bachem to manufacture the peptide drug candidate Lcatibant for Jerini, a private startup pharma company; Collaboration of pharma and fine chemicals firm Nicholas Piramal with Vera...