Chevron and US academia hit on grass for biofuels
- Oil companies broaden their bases, seek alternative markets. // InTech;Apr2008, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p11
The article reports on the establishment of Catchlight Energy LLC through a joint venture between Chevron and Weyerhaeuser with a goal to develop the next generation of renewable transportation fuels from nonfood sources. According to "Dow Jones Newswires, the joint venture will research and...
- EL HIDRÃ“GENO: Una alternativa real a los combustibles fÃ³siles y a los biocombustibles para automociÃ³n en EspaÃ±a. // DYNA - IngenierÃa e Industria;oct2010, Vol. 85 Issue 7, p606
No abstract available.
- CREATING TRANSPORTATION FUEL FROM FARM AND SOLID WASTE. // BioCycle;Jan2007, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p6
The article discusses the initiative spearheaded by Chevron Corp. to hasten the conversion of biomass waste into transportation fuels. A total of $25 million will be provided by the company for a period of five years to support studies and projects which promote reuse of renewable energy...
- Greater Potential for Renewable Biomass Energy RESPONSE FROM PIMENTEL. Pimentel, David // BioScience;Jul2003, Vol. 53 Issue 7, p621
Presents author's response to criticisms on the article 'Greater Potential for Renewable Biomass Energy.'
- BIOFUELS IN BRIEF. // ICIS Chemical Business;5/21/2012, Vol. 281 Issue 18, p20
News briefs on biofuels are presented including a complaint to the European Commission by Argentina over Spain's decision to block Argentina's imports of biodiesel, a forecast of a record high corn harvest in 2012 by the U.S. Department of Agriculture and the announcement by the company Emerald...
- Ethanol reforming for supplying molten carbonate fuel cells. Rossi, Federico; Nicolini, Andrea // International Journal of Low Carbon Technologies;Jun2013, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p140
An interesting application of agricultural renewable sources is the use of ethanol for supplying molten carbonate fuel cells (MCFCs). However, ethanol has to be converted into hydrogen by a steam-reforming process. MCFCs are suitable for these applications due to their tolerability to the...
- Biofuel - Fuel of the Future. Mehra, Rudhran Harish // Chemical Business;Sep2007, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p37
The article stresses the potential of biofuel as an alternative source of energy. According to the International Atomic Agency, half of the world's energy needs can be obtained from biomass energy. The concept of bio-refineries is one possibility by which low cost materials can be converted into...
- BRAZIL AND U.S. SEEK WAYS TO STRENGTHEN BIOFUELS PARTNERSHIP. // BioCycle;Jun2007, Vol. 48 Issue 6, p12
The article reports on the partnership between Brazil and the U.S. for the development of strategies to expand energy supplies and strengthen biofuels. It states that the two nations will work in cooperation with the International Biofuels Forum for the establishment of programs and development...
- Islands of Hope in Hydrogen. Dunn, Seth // New Internationalist;Dec2002, Issue 352, p16
Discusses the abundance of hydrogen as a primary form of energy. Factors contributing to the transition to hydrogen energy; Availability of hydrogen in Iceland; Commercial implications of a transition to hydrogen as the world's major energy currency.