AISE: more confidence in Reach
- Industry and Unions Unite to Challenge Reach. // Chemical Week;12/10/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 44, p7
Reports on a joint statement issued by Cefic and the European Mine, Chemical and Energy Workers Federation (EMCEF) that calls on the European Commission to make a series of amendments to the draft European Union (EU) chemical policy as of December 10, 2003. Coverage of the proposed amendments;...
- SH&E Committee Holds Workshop on REACH Awareness. Ramesh, Deepti // Chemical Week;6/30/2008, Vol. 170 Issue 20, ps6
The article discusses the highlights of a workshop conducted by the Safety, Health & Environment (SH&E) committee of the Gulf Petrochemicals and Chemicals Association (GPCA) on April 24, 2008. The aim is to raise awareness on the European Union's Registration, Evaluation and Authorisation of...
- Executives Optimistic on Changes to Reach. Castano, Ivan // Chemical Week;12/11/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 48, p46
Presents information on the views of executives on the ability of the chemical industry to lobby the European Union to issue a draft of the White Paper chemicals legislation in Europe. Reason behind the delay in the publication of the draft; Impact of the legislation on the chemical industry.
- No sign of Reach panic. BEACHAM, WILL // ICIS Chemical Business;12/6/2010, Vol. 278 Issue 19, p5
The article focuses on the passage of the November 30, 2010 deadline under the European Union's (EU) Reach legislation, which required companies to register substances bought or imported in quantities over 1,000 tonnes per year before the deadline or they will be declared illegal operations.
- AISE report points to concentrated detergents. Cozier, Muriel // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;5/21/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 20, p9
The article reports on the release of the review "A Network of Expertise for a Sustainable Future" by the International Association for Soaps, Detergents and Maintenance Products (AISE). The review highlights the work done by the AISE to expand its reach. President Charles Laroche said the...
- INCREASE OF CONSUMER PRICES IN ROMANIA IN THE FIRST YEAR AS A MEMBER STATE OF THE EUROPEAN UNION. Eugenia, Harja // Annals of the University of Oradea, Economic Science Series;2008, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p863
This analysis deals with several theoretical aspects about how prices' inflation is measured in Romania, the role of national and harmonized indices of consumer prices as well as the main conceptual differences between such indices. The analysis of harmonized ICP in Romania in the 11 years since...
- Recent developments in global regulatory framework in the chemical industry. Van Heerden, Stephen // Popular Plastics & Packaging;Jul2012, Vol. 57 Issue 7, p46
The article focuses on developments in the chemical industry relating to the European Union (EU) Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH) regulation. Such regulation has led to the adoption of similar laws by other countries such as China, Japan and Turkey. In...
- HELP OFFERED FOR REACH REGISTRATION. // Urethanes Technology International;Oct/Nov2010, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p5
The article reports that companies which are not able to comply with the requirements of comprehensive chemicals regulation programme Registration, Evaluation and Authorization of Chemicals (REACH), are being helped by the European Chemicals Agency (ECHA).
- Surviving and thriving under REACH. Eacott, Chris // TCE: The Chemical Engineer;Jun2012, Issue 852, p28
The article discusses opportunities and challenges that could be presented by the European Union's (EU) Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH) regulation. Small and medium-size enterprises (SMEs) are vulnerable to REACH compliance issues because they do not...