China's third accident in a week sees death toll rise
- Lethal Blast Hits Chlor-Alkali Plant in China. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;4/28/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 14, p15
Reports on the explosion of the chlor-alkali unit of Chongqing Tianyuan Chemical Industry Plant in China on April 16, 2004. Number of workers killed and injured in the incident; Evacuation of several Chongqing residents due to fears of a major chlorine leak; Annual production capacity of the plant.
- Chemical Leak Kills Four Workers at DuPont Facility in Texas. Smith, Sandy // EHS Today Exclusive Insight;11/16/2014, p1
The article reports on the death of four workers at a DuPont chemical facility in La Porte, Texas on November 15, 2014 due to exposure to a chemical methyl mercaptan, which is used in insecticides and fungicides and also added to natural gas to odorize it for safety purposes. It discusses an...
- Fatal accident at haulier. // Commercial Motor;7/19/2012, Vol. 218 Issue 5493, p8
The article reports on the death of a 52-year-old employee of haulage firm George H Kime because of work-related accident in 2012 in Skegness, England.
- Erratum. // MMWR: Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report;5/10/2013, Vol. 62 Issue 18, p373
A correction to the second sentence of the box "Worker's Memorial Day--April 28, 2013" is presented.
- Bulletin briefing. // Loss Prevention Bulletin;Aug2006, Vol. 190 Issue 1, p32
The article offers world news briefs related to industrial accidents. Investigations are underway to determine the cause of the explosion at Terra Nitrogen Ltd., Billingham, Teesside, England. Four people have been killed in an explosion at a chemical plant in Belgrade, Serbia. More than 150...
- Evonik explosion kills two. // TCE: The Chemical Engineer;May2012, Issue 851, p6
The article reports on an explosion and subsequent fire at a cyclododecatrienne (CDT) tank at the facility of Evonik at the Chemiepark Marl in Germany.
- Administration Proposes New Regs For Handling Worst-Case Scenarios. Hess, Glenn // Chemical Market Reporter;05/01/2000, Vol. 257 Issue 18, p1
Reports on the proposed regulations that would establish a process for making sensitive information on potential accidents at thousands of chemical plants available to the public. Details on the proposed rule; Information on off-site consequence analysis data.
- WORKPLACE DEATHS increase for first time in a decade. // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Jun2006, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p12
The article cites key research findings from the U.S. indicating an increase in the rate of fatal workplace injuries in 2004. The overall reported rates of work-related fatalities increased from 4% in 2003 to 4.1% in 2004. As much as 152 employees lost their lives due to workplace injuries and...
- By The Numbers: Workplace Fatalities in the U.S. // Industry Week/IW;Oct2007, Vol. 256 Issue 10, p18
No abstract available.