IPA rockets on Reliance delay
- Indian IPA surges as Reliance shuts plant. Viswanathan, Prema // Chemical Market Reporter;7/31/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 4, p14
The article reports on the decision of Reliance Industries to close its isopropanol (IPA) plant in Mumbai, India due to poor economics. Reliance is the sole producer of IPA in the country. Technical problems have forced the shutdown of the plant since mid-June 2006. The plant is also too old and...
- Reliance on market may mean new India IPA plant. Gordon, Michael // ICIS Chemical Business;1/23/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p26
The article focuses on the plan of Reliance Industries to build an isopropanol (IPA) plant by 2008-2009 at Jamnagar, Gujarat in India, if market conditions are favorable. The company is also exploring an expansion of its existing IPA plant in Thane, Maharashtra, as an alternative. Spurred by...
- Reliance Industries and its contribution. Venkataraman, N.S. // Chemical Business;Sep2000, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p9
Criticizes chemical manufacturing company, Reliance Industries, based in India. Role in the chemical industry; Efforts in the export trade; Attitude towards overseas technology.
- Reliance Industries Ltd. (1996-1997). Desai, Suresh Thakur // Chemical Business;Jan1998, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p52
Reports on Reliance Industries Ltd.'s performance the chemical market in India, during the 1996-1997 period. Financial results; Expansion of the company's Hazira complex; Production capabilities; Reliance's strengths and vision.
- Reliance to invest $ 12 bn in Chemical Business. MARPHATIA, RAVI // Paintindia;Jul2011, Vol. 61 Issue 7, p66
The article reports that Reliance Industries Ltd. is planning to invest in the chemical industry with the purpose of taking advantage of the growth of the chemical business related to hygiene and health care products as of July 2011.
- Reliance industries Ltd net up by 25%. Desai, Suresh Thakur // Chemical Business;May/Jun98, Vol. 12 Issue 5/6, p98
Reports on the financial results for Reliance Industries Ltd. during the fiscal period 1997-98. Increase in sales and profit; Declaration of bonus and dividend.
- Reliance among global top 50 chemical producers. // Chemical Business;Sep98, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p68
Cites `Chemical and Engineering News' magazine's article on the world's top 50 chemical producers in 1997, which referred to Reliance Industries Ltd. of India. Total research and development spending and capital expenditures of chemical companies; Breakdown of the 50 companies according to...
- Reliance H1 net rises 10% to Rs 921 crore. // Chemical Business;Nov98, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p70
Reports on the financial performance of India-based chemical company Reliance Industries Ltd. for the period ending September 30, 1998. Net profits; Increase in sales.
- Isopropanol. Seelig, Fred // ICIS Chemical Business;10/22/2007, Vol. 272 Issue 15, p21
The article reports on the market trend of isopropanol (IPA) in the U.S. The use of IPA in the production of isopropylamines, household, cosmetic and personal-care products, and pharmaceuticals is increasing at about 2.8% per year. In the U.S., IPA is in a tight supply situation and pricing is...