Cefic sees slower output
- UIC growth forecast down. Beacham, Will // European Chemical News;6/14/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2104, p9
Reports on the decision of trade group Union des Industries Chimiques' (UIC) to downgrade its forecast of French chemicals output growth for 2004. Reason for the move; Expectation of the UIC on chemicals production; Percentage of its forecast reduction; Factor which influenced overall...
- Germany's Chemicals Output Increases. // Chemical Market Reporter;7/15/2002, Vol. 262 Issue 2, p6
Deals with the increase in Germany's chemicals output in the first half of 2002. Warning issued by the German Chemical Industry Association (VCI) on the output growth; Drop in the foreign sales of German chemicals during the first half; Projected production growth of VCI for the year.
- Petrochemicals Overview. // U.S. Industry Quarterly Review: Chemicals;2014, p1
The article provides an overview of the petroleum chemicals industry in the U.S. as of December 2, 2014. Topics discussed include domestic end-market activity and exports, the expansion of olefin producers' ethane-cracking capacity, and the declining prices along the propylene, ethylene and...
- Germans forecast growth after two good quarters. Robinson, Simon // European Chemical News;12/20/2004, Vol. 81 Issue 2128, p8
Reports on the predicted production growth of the chemical industry in Germany for 2004. Financial upturn expected by producers for 2005; Percentage of increase in turnover, foreign sales and home sales; Expected increase in output of polymer, inorganics, petrochemicals and consumer chemicals.
- Strong Euro Clouds Recovery. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;1/5/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 1, p27
Forecasts the growth of the chemical industry in Western Europe in 2005. Factors that contributed to the economic recovery of the industry in 2004; Expected growth in specialty and fine chemicals; Projected output growth of the industry.
- What to Expect in a Year of Recovery. // Chemical Week;1/4/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 1, p18
The article offers an outlook for the chemical industry in 2010. Global output for the chemical sector is predicted to increase by 4.6% and as it continues to recover, gains in global output are expected to continue at 5% in 2011 and 5.2% in 2012. A global manufacturing growth of 1-2% is...
- Gulf ethylene capacity to soar. Kovac, Matt // ICIS Chemical Business;10/16/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 39, p13
The article presents forecast on the increase in the ethylene capacity in the Gulf Arab countries. At a press conference, Abdullah bin Zaid al-Hagbani, secretary general of the Gulf Petrochemicals and Chemicals Association, announced that the Gulf region could eventually produce 40% of the total...
- Global textile chemicals 2018. // Chemical Fibers International;Dec2012, Vol. 62 Issue 4, p157
The article presents a forecast from Transparency Market Research that the global textile chemicals market will grow by 3.6% per year during the 2013-18 period.
- Construction chemicals set to breach Rs. 7,000-crore mark by FY2019. // FRPT- Chemical Snapshot;5/24/2015, p16
The article reports that Indian construction chemicals industry is expected to see a twofold growth on the back of demand from smart cities by 2018 to 2019 according to data released by Tata Strategic Management Group in May 2015.