European stoppages cause tightened phenol
- Spot volumes are 'hard to find' Todd, Martin // European Chemical News;3/3/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2042, p12
Explains the reason for the shortage of phenol spot volume in Europe as of March 9, 2003. Efforts of producers to increase prices; Reduction in the operating rates of Ineos Phenol.
- INEOS and Sinopec negotiate JV to build and operate a 400,000 tonne phenol plant in Jiangsu. // Chemical Business;Jan2010, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p74
The article reports on the negotiation between Ineos Phenol and Sinopec Yangzi Petrochemical Co. over a joint venture to build and operate a phenol/acetone plant at the Nanjing Chemical Industrial Park in Jiangsu Province, China.
- INEOS and Sinopec initial agreements to form 1.2 million tonne cumene, phenol and acetone joint venture. // Chemical Business;Jul2013, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p66
The article reports on the initial joint venture agreement signed between Ineos Phenol and Sinopec Yangzi Petrochemical Company (SinopecYPC) for the design, construction and future operation of a cumene, phenol and acetone complex at the Nanjing Chemical Industrial Park in Jiangsu Province, China.
- Ineos to Boost Capacity Following Explosion. // Chemical Market Reporter;9/23/2002, Vol. 262 Issue 10, p4
Reports that an investigation by Ineos Phenol Inc. has revealed the source of a fire and explosion at its Mobile, Alabama, phenol plant. Selection of Kellogg Brown Root to rebuild the plant.
- INEOS Phenol to Invest in Phenol/Acetone Plant in Jiangsu. Yi, Tao // China Chemical Reporter;3/6/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p8
The article focuses on an announcement made by INEOS Phenol Inc. regarding its intention to invest in a phenol plant in Zhangjiagang Shi, China. The new plant will be completely owned by INEOS and is expected to be operational at the end of 2009. This manufacturing facility will increase the...
- Ineos Phenol to hike Gladbeck output. // European Chemical News;12/8/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2080, p29
Reports on the plans of Ineos Phenol to increase the output of its Gladbeck phenol plant located in Germany. Capacity of the Gladbeck plant; Similar plan of the company for its plants in Belgium.
- CUMENE. // ICIS Chemical Business;8/15/2011, Vol. 280 Issue 4, p43
The article offers information on the chemical, Cumene, from INEOS Phenol Inc., which is used in making phenol and acetone. It states that the demand for cumene is strong, for the production of phenol, while phenol margins are strong, because of rebounding export values in the U.S. domestic...
- Ineos Phenol hit by outages. Cox, Edward // Chemical Market Reporter;6/19/2006, Vol. 269 Issue 24, p16
The article reports that Ineos Phenol was running its European operations at around 34 percent of nameplate capacity after its sites in Germany and Belgium were hit by technical problems. The company is the world's largest producer of phenol and acetone. The production at the Germany plant was...
- Ineos Phenol Declares Force Majeure on Phenol. Taylor, Gary // Chemical Market Reporter;9/16/2002, Vol. 262 Issue 9, p2
Reports that Ineos Phenol has declared force majeure on the production of phenol and acetone from its plant. Fire in the subunit of the plant; Delays in pricing agreements; Impact on the company's entire operation.