Coatings get motor smart
- Paints hitch a ride. Marphatia, Ravi // Chemical Week;9/20/1995, Vol. 157 Issue 10, p57
Reports on the expansion of the paints and coatings industry of India. Impact of the growth of the automotive industry; Major paints producers in 1994; Financial performance of companies.
- ICE 2003 -- Spirit of Innovation. // Industrial Paint & Powder;Oct2003, Vol. 79 Issue 10, p50
Highlights the 2003 International Coatings Exposition presented by the Federation of Societies for Coating Technology. Meeting of top coating industry experts; Observation of variety of technological innovations; Discussions.
- Small Volume, Big Advances. Cohen, Edward D. // Paper, Film & Foil Converter;Oct2010, Vol. 84 Issue 10, p30
The article focuses on the advantages and disadvantages of implementing new technology and hardware innovations in the laboratory or pilot coating and drying processes. The use of die, blade or Mayer rod have been anticipated to provide an inexpensive hardware cost, and a tool test the coatings....
- New silicone-modified organic coating technology. // Indian Textile Journal;May2004, Vol. 114 Issue 8, p116
This article deals with the silicone-modified organic coating technology developed by Dow Corning Corp. in May 2004. The new technology is a novel material that provides synergistic performance characteristics of both silicone and organic components in a textile coating material. The key...
- Near-Term Future Is BRIGHT for Industrial Maintenance Coatings. Challener, Cynthia // JCT CoatingsTech;Feb2007, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p88
The article discusses the growth of the industrial maintenance (IM) coatings industry. It cites that the developments in the IM market are related to capital expenditures and maintenance cycles. IM paint manufacturers are focusing on technological innovation as a way to minimize costs for their...
- White is Favorite Color for Automobiles. // Coatings World;Nov2011, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p36
The article focuses on data presented by PPG Industries Inc. suggesting that white has ranked as the most popular vehicle color in the world wherein 21% of 2011 model-year cars throughout the world have been white. At the annual "Automotive Color Trend Show," PPG introduces its ideas for future...
- An Effective Driver for Innovative MDF. Zaccaria, Simone // Industrial Paint & Powder;Apr2006, Vol. 82 Issue 4, p8
The article discusses the innovative advances developed in powder coatings technology which has promised to expand the finishing industry's design options to the versatility, adaptability, flexibility and economical use of medium density fiberboard (MDF) while introducing significant cost,...
- Plasma flame achieves high-temp ceramic coating. // Design News;4/10/89, Vol. 45 Issue 7, p34
Features Brunswick Technetics Energy Conservation Systems for high-temperature coating. Design and specifications; Variety of applications; Production efficiency.
- Reflections on a sparkling trade. Wissling, Peter // European Coatings Journal;Jan2011, Issue 1, p27
The article discusses the development of metallic pigments industry. It examines the evolution of different metallic pigment forms, from the use of brass to the innovation of protective systems to enhance paint's appearance. It highlights the discovery of lubricants, leafing pigments and...