DuPont invests in bioplastics, but can the industry pay its own way?
- DuPont turns focus to renewable materials. Esposito, Frank // Plastics News;11/15/2010, Vol. 22 Issue 36, p12
The article offers information on the production of renewable products from E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Co. It states the company displayed it renewable products at an event which includes Hytrel RS, a renewably sourced thermoplastic elastomer. It mentions that the company is also making progress...
- Market Intelligence. // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;6/18/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 24, p37
The article comments on issues related to the chemical industry. It states that BASF won another award for its biodegradable plastics Ecoflex and Ecovio. It mentions that the grand opening of DuPont and Tate & Lyle's new bio-PDO (propanediol) plant in Loudon, Tennessee, marked a major milestone...
- DuPont recommends raising HCFC-123 AEL to 50ppm. // Contractor Magazine;Sep97, Vol. 44 Issue 9, p42
States that the Acceptable Exposure Limit (AEL) of hydrocholorfluorocarbon (HCFC)-123 be raised to 50 parts per million (ppm) by the DuPont Acceptable Exposure Limit Committee. What was the former rate of the AEL of HCFC-123; Reference to the Workplace Environmental Exposure Limit (WEEL);...
- `The Miracles of Science': The new motto of DuPont's greener and more profitable future. // Chemical Business;Feb2000, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p12
Focuses on DuPont, a chemical company. Overview of the operations of DuPont; Achievements of the company; Efforts to reduce greenhouse gas emissions from its operations; Safety measures implemented by the company.
- DuPont revamps chemicals and specialties with increasing focus on life sciences. Chang, Joseph // Chemical Market Reporter;04/13/98, Vol. 253 Issue 15, p1
Reports on E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Co.'s plans to focus on life sciences and realign its chemical and specialties businesses into three distinct groups. Units in the life sciences group; Impact of the moves to the company's management.
- DuPont to expand adipic acid. // Chemical Market Reporter;03/30/98, Vol. 253 Issue 13, p3
Reports on the plans of E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Co.'s DuPont Nylon division to expand its adipic acid capacity in North America.
- DuPont studies opportunities for basic chemicals investment. Hunter, David // Chemical Week;3/27/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 12, p20
Reports that DuPont's specialty chemicals unit is studying opportunities for its basic chemicals operations in Asia. Consideration of wholly owned or joint venture manufacturing and licensing; Sales of specialty chemicals unit in Asia and the Pacific.
- DuPont adipic plant running, helping nylon. Brand, Tony // Chemical Market Reporter;12/15/97, Vol. 252 Issue 24, p1
Reports on E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Co.'s startup of its worldscale adipic acid plant in Singapore. Alleviation of feedstock pressure on nylon 6/6 producers; Sampling of products from the plant by customers in Asia and Japan; Shortage of caprolactam worldwide.
- DuPont To Restructure Dibasic Esters. // Chemical Market Reporter;10/05/98, Vol. 254 Issue 14, p8
Reports on the plan of E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Co. to refocus the strategy of its dibasic esters business. Using technical and research teams to support the development of formulations; Increasing global marketing; Maintaining reliable supply from five global plants.