Pakistan to protect chemicals industry
- Taxation. // Belarus Country Review;2001/2002, p71
Focuses on the taxation laws in Belarus. Types of taxation in Belarus; Tax and tariff structures; Types of import taxes.
- Making Book. Springsteel, Ian // Treasury & Risk Management;Feb2002, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p19
Reports the victory of the European Union over the U.S. concerning tax regulations. Legal dispute of the two countries on U.S. tax provision; Plan of the European Union to impose tariffs on U.S. goods; Suggestion to eliminate income taxes in favor of a national sales or value-added tax.
- Republicans and Democrats Compromise On New Superfund Reform Legislation. Hess, Glenn // Chemical Market Reporter;06/07/99, Vol. 255 Issue 23, p1
Reports on the compromise between the Republicans and Democrats in the United States Senate over the Superfund Completion Act of 1999. Support of the chemical industry for the bill; Sponsors of the bill; Proposal of the Chaffe-Smith bill regarding Superfund taxes for chemical manufacturers and...
- Nicaragua: Country Conditions: Climate for Trade. // Political Risk Yearbook: Nicaragua Country Report;2003, p45
Presents information on the trading activities in Nicaragua. Articles included in a decree on tariffs imposed on goods; Amendments made to the Tax Justice Act; Assessment of fees and taxes on imports.
- Hungarians could pay for Google, Facebook ads. // Hungary A.M.;7/2/2014, p1
The article offers information on the controversial advertising tax proposed by lawmaker LÃ¡szlÃ³ L. Simon that would require Hungarian advertisers to pay taxes for their advertisements on Google, Facebook and Youtube.
- `Loophole' demands legislative response. Rosenbloom, H. David // Business Insurance;06/12/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 24, p17
Focuses on the initiative launched by insurance companies to address the competitive advantage under federal tax law for related-party reinsurance placed with foreign-owned companies in the United States. Criticisms on the use of tax law to form the basis for such business competition; Problems...
- Rubber Products and Pesticide Sectors Set to Benefit from Tax Break. // China Chemical Reporter;12/6/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 34, p5
The article presents information on an announcement made by the China Ministry of Finance and the State Administration of Taxation about tax rebate on export of rubber products, pesticides, daily chemical products and medical chemicals. The export rebate rate for some rubber products is raised...
- Superfund Reauthorization Legislation Introduced. // Chemical Market Reporter;3/25/2002, Vol. 261 Issue 12, p3
Reports on the legislation introduced at the U.S. House that would reauthorize a tax on the chemical and oil industries to finance the Superfund Trust Fund. Sponsor of the bill; Proposed taxes on oil and chemical products; Opposition of the chemical industry to the bill.
- New Tax Law Sidesteps Rate Hikes; Separate Bill Would Cut FSCs. Sissell, Kara // Chemical Week;6/4/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 20, p10
Reports on the support of the Associated Chemical Companies on a tax relief bill passed by the U.S. Congress in May 2003. Amount of the tax relief; Provisions of the bill; Benefits of the bill to chemical companies.