Ethanol use to cut pollution in China
- UK fuel: Britain to build first bioethanol plant. // MarketWatch: Energy;Mar2006, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p13
The article reports on the construction of Great Britain's first bioethanol plant. Green Spirit Fuels will construct the plant in Henstridge, Sommerset, England. The plant is expected to produce 131 million liters a year of pure bioethanol. The bioethanol will be mixed with conventional petrol...
- Uhe to build first combined biodiesel and fatty alcohol complex in Thailand. // Chemical Business;Dec2006, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p59
The article reports on the decision of Thai Oleochemicals Co. and Thai Fatty Alcohols Co. to jointly commissioned Uhde to construct a turnkey plant complex for the combined production of biodiesel and fatty alcohols in Map Ta Phut, Thailand. It mentions that engineering, supply of materials and...
- Tingfeng Alcohol Launches Fuel Alcohol Project. // China Chemical Reporter;4/26/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p13
The article reports on the ground breaking ceremony for the 30,000 tons per acre fuel ethyl alcohol project of Baicheng Tingfeng Alcohol Co. Ltd. in Jilin province, China. The said project could consume 230,000 tons of corn starch as a raw material after its completion. It is stated that the...
- High-tech fuel for tomorrow's vehicles. // DEMM: Engineering & Manufacturing;Apr2010, p25
The article reports on the establishment of a consortium between the Victorian State Government and a group of leading Australian companies including Caltex and Holden to investigate the viability of establishing Australia's first ethanol plant.
- SWEET SUCCESS FOR RENEWABLE PROJECT. Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;2/6/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 5, p30
The article reports on the construction of a bioethanol plant by British Sugar at Wissington in Great Britain in February 2006. The facility is due for completion by February 2007. British Sugar has already agreed to the sale of some of the plant's production estimated at 55,000 tons per year.
- Broin to Build Third Ethanol Facility. // Chemical Week;4/4/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 12, p4
The article reports on the plan of Broin Cos. to build an ethanol plant in Marion, Ohio. The company says it will invest $130 million to build a 65-million gallon/year ethanol plant in Marion. The company says it expects to begin construction within the next two months, with completion set for...
- Kuraray to Build Poly vinyl Alcohol Plant at La Porte, TX. RAMESH, DEEPTI; ALPEROWICZ, NATASHA // Chemical Week;6/11/2012, Vol. 174 Issue 16, p26
The article discusses plans by subsidiary of Japanese chemicals manufacturer Kuraray, Kuraray America, to build a chemical plant at La Porte, Texas for the production of polyvinyl alcohol (PVOH).
- Repsol and Acciona put â‚¬300m into biodiesel. Gordon, Michael // ICIS Chemical Business;3/27/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 12, p29
The article reports on the plan revealed by Repsol YPF and Acciona Energia to invest in the construction of biodiesel plants in Spain in 2006. The plants to be built by the two companies are expected to produce 200 000 tonne/year each year. Several other biodiesel projects have been planned for...
- A speed bump in ethanol country. Tita, Bob // Crain's Chicago Business;9/17/2007, Vol. 30 Issue 38, p1
The article informs that the construction of new ethanol plants in Illinois has been stalled because of falling ethanol prices. According to Chet Perry, CEO of Barrington, Illinois-based ITEC Refining & Marketing Co., none of the new projects are going to go forward in this environment. The U.S....