- BP advances on China cracker plan. // Chemical Market Reporter;10/28/96, Vol. 250 Issue 18, p3
Focuses on the 50-50 joint venture of Shanghai Petrochemical Ltd. and BP Chemicals for the construction of a petrochemical complex around a 650,000 metric-ton cracker. Terms of agreement; Use of BP's propane based technology; Ethylene capacity production; Business history of BP in China.
- Shanghai Petrochemical fights on despite continuing recession in Asia. Oey, Patricia // Chemical Market Reporter;05/11/98, Vol. 253 Issue 19, p26
Focuses on the financial performance of Shanghai Petrochemical Co. Ltd. for 1997. Comparison with 1996 figures; Decline in net profit; Increased crude oil costs; Decision to adjust mix of crude oil processed; Chinese government's setting of the price of crude oil slightly higher than it is on...
- SPC favoured. Hariharan, Malini // Asian Chemical News;4/5/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 440, p15
Discusses the plan of Shanghai Petrochemical Co. to expand its petrochemical operations. Benefits of the Ningbo-Shanghai-Nanjing crude pipeline which is being constructed in China in 2004; Importance of the expansion plan according to Oscar Yee of ANB Amro.
- DATAMONITOR: Sinopec Shanghai Petrochemical Company Limited. // Sinopec Shanghai Petrochemical Company, Ltd. SWOT Analysis;Dec2011, p1
The article presents a corporate profile of Sinopec Shanghai Petrochemical Co. Ltd., engaged in oil refining, petrochemical processing, and manufacturing of plastics and synthetic fibers based in Shanghai, China. An overview of the company is given, along with key facts including contact...
- Polyester Renovation Passes Appraisal. // China Chemical Reporter;3/16/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p13
The article reports that the polyester renovation project of China-based Sinopec Shanghai Petrochemical Co. Ltd.'s Polyester Fiber Division has passes the appraisal conducted by Sinopec. The project has used the three-tank polyester production technology process developed by Sinopec and some...
- UOP Selected by China's Sinopec for New Aromatics Project. Wang, Judy // China Chemical Reporter;5/16/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 14, p8
The article reports that the Honeywell company, UOP LLC, has been chosen by Sinopec Shanghai Petrochemical Co. Ltd. (SPC) to supply technology, basic engineering services and equipment for Sinopec's aromatics project to be installed at their facility in Shanghai, China. The new facility is...
- Shanghai Petrochemical Starts up 150 000 T/A C5 Separation Unit. // China Chemical Reporter;11/16/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 32, p17
The article reports on the commencement of the C5 separation unit of Sinopec Shanghai Petrochemical Co. Ltd. in Shanghai, China. Shanghai Petrochemicals produces petrochemical products including oil products, basic organic raw materials and synthetic fibers. It notes that the byproduct of...
- Amec, Foster Wheeler, Kvaerner Vie for BP-Sinopec Project. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;6/13/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 23, p21
Reports on the plan of BP, Sinopec and Shanghai Petrochemical, partners in petrochemicals joint venture at Caojing, China, to select a project management consultant by the end of June 2001. Consultants competing for the contract; Expected completion of the project; Other ethylene joint venture...
- SPC to expand PTA to 400ktpa. Tan, Clara // Asian Chemical News;8/2/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 455, p20
Provides information on the plan of Shanghai Petrochemicals Co. to expand its purified terephthalic acid unit in Shanghai, China in 2004. INSET: Hike in acrylic fibre.