A SIGN OF THE TIMES
- Lego buys 490 blenders. // Plastics News;6/26/2006, Vol. 18 Issue 17, p32
This article reports that toy-making giant Lego recently bought 490 blenders from Maguire Products Inc., the largest sale in Maguire's history. Lego bought the new blenders to boost efficiency, namely to switch from using colored ABS to uncolored ABS and doing its own coloring in-house, said...
- Motorola Outsourcing Expands. // Wireless Week;06/05/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 23, p1
Focuses on the contracting out agreement of Motorola with Flextronics Ltd. Terms of the agreement.
- Motorola Outsources Its Manufacturing. // Quality;Oct2000, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p18
Reports on the outsourcing agreement signed by Schaumburg, Illinois-based Motorola Inc. with San Jose, California-based Flextronics International Inc., an electronics manufacturing services company. Aim of the deal; Comments from Gray Benoist of Motorola; Flextronics' quality program.
- Motorola inks $30 billion alliance with Flextronics. April, Carolyn A. // InfoWorld;06/05/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 23, p14
Focuses on the five-year outsourcing deal signed by Motorola with Flextronics International. Expectations of Motorola from the deal; Terms of the agreement.
- Opinions Vary Over Ericsson's Outsourcing Of Handsets. Quigley, Paul // Wireless Week;02/05/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p15
Reports on the move of Ericsson to outsource its handset assembly to Flextronics International Ltd. Varying views on Ericsson's decision; Significance of the contract to Flextronics; Focus on other vendors entering a similar deal.
- Ericsson to outsource handset production. Evers, Joris; Williams, Martyn // InfoWorld;02/12/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p56A
Reports that Singapore-based Flextronics International Inc. will take over Ericsson AB facilities in Brazil, Malaysia, Sweden and the United Kingdom and in parts of its United States plant in Lynchburg, Virginia. Estimated number of Ericsson employees who will join Flextronics; Reduction in the...
- Late News. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;4/30/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 18, p1
States that the company Alcatel signed a memorandum of understanding to outsource the European manufacturing of its GSM cellular phone handsets to Flextronics. Strategy of Alcatel; Discussions on the possible merger of Alcatel with Lucent Technologies Inc.; Financial condition of Alcatel.
- Flextronics to Sack 1,400 in Malaysia. Buetow, Mike // Circuits Assembly;Apr2009, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p10
The article reports on Flextronics which will put around 1,400 employees out of work when it closes its factory in Shah Alam, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. According to Reuters, a spokeswoman for Malaysia's Ministry of Human Resources, the company plans to lay off 1,382 workers from its assembly plant...
- Outsourcing's Rising Stars. Carr, Jim // Wireless Week;03/12/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 11, p32
Deals with how electronics manufacturing service companies benefit on the way handset makers outsource their production of mobile telephones. Details on the case of Flextronics and Celestica; Positive effect of outsourcing deals to the industry; Various comments on the matter.