THE WORLD THIS WEEK
- Hexion Suspends Plans for IPO. Walsh, Kerri // Chemical Week;6/28/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 22, p6
The article reports on the decision of Hexion Specialty Chemicals to postpone its initial public offering (IPO) in the U.S. in June 2006. Hexion filed for the IPO in June 2005 and raised the offering price in April this year. Chemical industry stocks have declined during the past few weeks for a...
- Hexion files for its IPO. // Chemical Market Reporter;9/26/2005, Vol. 268 Issue 10, p6
Reports on the initial public offering filed by Hexion Specialty Chemicals Inc. in the U.S. Purpose of the bid to raise funds from common stock and preferred securities; Total common shares to be sold; Provision of option for underwriters to buy up to 3 million dollar shares.
- Hexion shelves IPO. Lohan, Joseph // Chemical Market Reporter;6/26/2006, Vol. 269 Issue 25, p4
The article reports that Hexion Specialty Chemicals Inc. will suspend its long awaited initial public offering (IPO) because of adverse market. Craig Morrison, chairman, president and CEO of the company explained that the reason for the postponement of IPO is because of the recent volatility...
- Chemical IPO window wide open. Chang, Joseph // Chemical Market Reporter;9/19/2005, Vol. 268 Issue 9, p10
Reports that the global chemical initial public offering (IPO) window remains wide open as the industry is set to close out a record year in raising new equity. Expectation for Hexion Specialty Chemicals Inc. and Kerr-McGee Chemical LLC to go public; Shift of the character of the IPO market...
- Apollo on the Hook for Huntsman Buy. K. H. // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;10/6/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 38, p3
The article reports that Hexion Specialty Chemicals was ordered to finalize its $10.6 billion purchase of Texas chemicals company Huntsman in 2008. Said order was announced by Delaware court judge Stephen Lamb following the financing overture spurned by Hexion from several hedge funds. An...
- SPECIALTIES. // Chemical Week;5/10/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 11, p29
This section offers news briefs related to specialty chemicals including the completion of the dispersion manufacturing unit of Hexion Specialty Chemicals, launching of the plastic products from Quantum Polymers and the acquisition of McLaughlin Gormley King by Vertellus Specialties.
- NEWSBRIEFS. // Chemical Week;9/28/2009, Vol. 171 Issue 24, p6
This section offers chemical industry news briefs. Kraton Polymers has announced that it plans to raise 230 million U.S. dollars through a public offering which the company will use to pay debts. Formosa Plastics has agreed to pay 12.8 million U.S. dollars in settlement and spend 10 million U.S....
- PLANTS AND PROJECTS IN BRIEF. // ICIS Chemical Business;10/3/2011, Vol. 280 Issue 10, p28
The article presents news briefs on plants and projects in the chemical industry, including Formosa Plastics Corp. (FPC), Huntsman, and Chemtex.
- Hexion to trade 20m shares in IPO. Robinson, Simon // European Chemical News;9/26/2005, Vol. 83 Issue 2164, p8
Reports on the pricing of the proposed initial public offering of shares of thermoset resins producer Hexion Specialty Chemicals. Shares of common stock to be sold in a filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission; Estimated net proceeds to be received by Hexion from the offering;...