Urging Sustainable Development
- Don't check your ethics at the door. Howard, William E. // Health Facilities Management;Nov97, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p12
Opinion. States that ethics should be a concern for every member of the American Society for Healthcare Engineering. Importance of confidentiality of information within the organization; Promotion of staff's health and safety and environmental concerns; Preservation of intellectual property.
- The corporate responsibility of ASSE. Ulmer, Philip E. // Professional Safety;May95, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p50
Focuses on the ethics and professional conduct governing the American Society of Safety Engineers. Role of the Ethics Review Committee; Weeding out the undesirable members; Importance of ethical practice within the profession; Rising incidence of malpractice.
- The vote is in. The membership has spoken. Townsend, Joseph J. // Professional Safety;Nov95, Vol. 40 Issue 11, p33
Discusses the renewed American Society of Safety Engineers (ASSE) volunteer organization chartered that lead the safety and health practitioners through the final stages of evolution and maturation into a true recognized profession. Implementation of ASSE restructure plan; Features of the plan;...
- Engineering ethics. // Environmental Engineering;Jun2012, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p21
The article reports on the creation of a guide to engineering ethics by the British Royal Academy of Engineering for use by the professional engineering community of Chartered Engineers (CEng), Incorporated Engineers (IEng) and Engineering Technicians (EngTech).
- International bodies. // Journal of the South African Institution of Civil Engineering;Nov2014, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p37
The article focuses on the international bodies of the South African Institution of Civil Engineering (SAICE). It states that the World Federation of Engineering Organisations (WFEO) is a multi-disciplinary engineering organisation established in 1968 under the protection of the United Nations...
- SHE: A Value-Added Function. Greer, M. E. "Eddie" // Professional Safety;Jul2001, Vol. 46 Issue 7, p7
The article discusses the characteristics that can help safety, health and environmental professionals achieve the added value that is so vital to being an effective safety professional. How to be proactive; Benefits of membership in the American Society of Safety Engineers.
- Promoting Integrity. Brown, Warren K. // Professional Safety;Feb2009, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p7
The author reflects on the need to develop the integrity of safety engineers in the U.S. He cites some of the negative consequences of individual's lack of integrity and discusses the duty of the members of the American Society of Safety Engineer (ASSE) to follow the codes of ethics issued by...
- WFEO MODEL CODE OF PRACTICE FOR SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT AND ENVIRONMENTAL STEWARDSHIP - "THINK GLOBAL AND ACT LOCAL". // Civil Engineering (10212000);Jul2015, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p72
The article presents the principles of the World Federation of Engineering Organisations (WFEO) Model Code of Practice for Sustainable Development and Environmental Stewardship including the understand of environmental stewardship, the use of other expertise, and the incorporation of social values.
- Opening membership to shape our future. McCarthy, Margie // Engineers Journal;Jan/Feb2011, Vol. 65 Issue 1, p12
The article presents the author's views on how the pathways to Engineers Ireland membership solidify engineers and embrace inclusivity. She provides a background of the organisation which was originally established in 1835 as the Institution of Civil Engineers that aims to maintain a proper...