R&D Lab Solves Excess-Oil Problem With Help of Oil-Purging System
- Types Of Automatic Pumpdown Control Systems. Tomczyk, John // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;12/3/2001, Vol. 214 Issue 14, p16
Focuses on the different types of automatic pumpdown control systems. Use of automatic pumpdown on electrical defrost systems; Elimination of the high amp draw from the compressor and defrost heaters by a double-acting low-pressure switch; Effects of the non-recycling automatic pumpdown system...
- New Oil Designed To Curb NH[sub3] Absorption Woes. Powell, Peter // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;4/1/2002, Vol. 215 Issue 14, p12
Focuses on brewery Cerveceria Quilmes' use of Reflo 68A refrigeration oil for its ammonia compressors in Argentina. Fluid absorption into the ammonia; Compressors' function to cool down brewing water; Composition of the oil.
- THE Compressor MYSTERIES. Gauge, Sam // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;4/28/2003, Vol. 218 Issue 17, p1
Explains why compressor failures are constantly misdiagnosed in the air conditioning, heating and refrigeration industry. Similarity of such failures to heart failures in some people; Case examples illustrating the damage that misdiagnosed compressors can cause.
- Compressor superheat. Tomczyk, John // Refrigeration Service & Contracting;Aug97, Vol. 65 Issue 8, p16
Discusses the measurement of compressor or total superheat coming from the low side of a refrigeration system. Composition of total superheat; Pressure reading; Use of the thermostatic expansion valve to control total superheat; Causes of low evaporator loads.
- Oil Safety Controllers and Their Circuits. Tomczyk, John // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;2/1/2010, Vol. 239 Issue 5, p12
The article offers information on the oil safety controllers and their circuits in the refrigeration equipment.
- Technical diagnostics of linear split Stirling cryocooler through the analysis of self-induced forces. Riabzev, S. V.; Veprik, A. M.; Pundak, N. // AIP Conference Proceedings;2002, Vol. 613 Issue 1, p1141
The effective operation of a linear split Stirling cryogenic cooler with pneumatically driven expander relies primarily on the matched sinusoidal motion of the compressor piston and displacer. The measurement of magnitudes and relative phase shift is required not only at cryocooler development...
- Upgrading refrigeration equipment. Bartok Jr., John W. // Greenhouse Management;Jul2015, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p72
The article offers suggestions on upgrading a refrigeration equipment which include insulating freezers, lighting and replacing a standard piston-type hermetic compressor.
- Efficiency for R-717 And R-22 Systems, Part 5. Briley, George C. // ASHRAE Journal;Nov2003, Vol. 45 Issue 11, p58
Lists some maintenance items that keeps plants efficiency. Reciprocating compressors valves; Rotary booster compressors; Screw compressors.
- A Loko At Compressor Discharge Temperatures. Tomczyk, John // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;3/04/2002, Vol. 215 Issue 10, p16
Focuses on the limitations of compressor discharge temperatures in the U.S. Cause of high compression ratios; Reasons for high compressor discharge temperature; Effects of compressor discharge temperatures.