PICA Puts Off Meeting After Receiving New Budget Plan From Philadelphia
- N.Y. Amendment Battle. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;10/20/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32242, p1
Reports that New York Governor George Pataki has slammed a proposition to amend the state constitution to alter its budget-making process. Implication of the proposal on the process of state spending; Order issued to strengthen the role of the governor in crafting a budget by the New York State...
- Missouri House Republicans pass 'back door repeal' minimum wage, child labor, prevailing wage laws. // Southern Illinois Labor Tribune;4/7/2011, Vol. 74 Issue 36, p21
The article reports on the passage of the House Budget Proposal which cuts all funding to impose child labor and dominating wage laws in Missouri in 2011.
- Kansas Governor Cuts Budget Again, Citing 'Incredible' Revenue Decline. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;11/25/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33223, p5
The article reports on the 260 million U.S. dollars reduction from Kansas' fiscal 2010 budget in 2009. It notes that the budget cut will lower spending by 750 million from the fiscal 2010 budgets. It also indicates that these reductions would have been more lower without the 85.9 million dollars...
- Letter to the Editor. Carson, Bill // Ellis County Press;10/9/2014, Vol. 23 Issue 27, p3
A letter to the editor in response to the U.S. government policy related to the Compact for a Balanced Budget Amendment (CFABBA), a plan to organize the necessary 38 states to pass an enforceable amendment to the Constitution to limit the unlimited ability of the government as of October 2014.
- A Prescription for Preserving the Status Quo. Shure, Jon // njbiz;6/21/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 25, p27
Comments on issues related to the state budget of New Jersey. Factors that contribute to the process of the allocation of the state budget; Provision of the Building a New Foundation plan proposed by Republican lawmakers; Effects of the proposal on the budget spending of the state.
- Uptick in FDA budget slight. // Medical Device Daily;1/3/2008, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p2
This article reports on the slight increase in the budget of the U.S. Food and Drug Adminsitration (FDA) based on the Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2007 passed by Congress. The increase is in the amount of $79 million more than the proposed budget of the Bush administration. FDA will have a...
- Atlanta to Take Comments on $1.97B Fiscal 2016 Budget. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/12/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34303, p1
An Atlanta City Council committee will hold a May 18 public hearing and virtual town hall meeting on the $1.97 billion fiscal 2016 budget to ask residents about their thoughts on spending priorities.
- ILLINOIS: 'Budgeting for Results'. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/24/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33571, p9
The article reports on the first meeting conducted by the state-appointed Budgeting for Results Commission which is assigned to make recommendations on how to better manage the Illinois budgeting process with an aim towards achieving better results.
- The public's business. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;7/11/2003, Issue 323111, p20
Editorial. Discusses California state's adoption of the Brown Act that requires public officials to post meeting notices with time and place three days in advance of the date, and list topics to be discussed and voted on. Scope of the law drafted by Assemblyman Ralph Brown of Modesto; Public...