Indiana Municipalities Prepare for Tax Cap
- Tran Deals Rated. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;7/9/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31922, p31
Reports that Standard and Poor's rated both Los Angeles, California, and Oakland, California, SP1-plus for forthcoming tax and revenue anticipation note issues.
- MIDWEST Bond-Watch. Carvlin, Elizabeth; Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;9/22/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31974, p31
Presents news briefs related to municipal bonds in the U.S. as of September 22, 2004. Signature campaign launched by a group opposed to the Indianapolis School District's plan to issue $200 million of bonds; Standard & Poor's upgrade of its bond rating for Wayne County, Michigan; Moody's...
- Memphis Competitively Selling $125 Million of General Improvement Bonds. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/18/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31991, p6
Reports that Memphis, Tennessee will sell general improvement bonds. Bond rating; Budget problems of the city; Bond maturities.
- Munis Unchanged as N.Y.C., Minnesota Deals Price. Scarchilli, Michael; Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;7/25/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32678, p2
The article reports on the status of the municipal bond market in the U.S. as of July 23, 2007. The municipal market was largely unchanged with two sizeable new issues from New York City and Minnesota accounting for more than $1.5 billion of volume. Among 5% coupon paper in the larger series of...
- Midwest bond-watch. Shields, Yvette; Wisniewski, Mary; Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;11/24/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30775, p30
Reports on the performance of government securities in the Midwestern United States as of November 24, 1999. Problem of overcrowded public schools in Chicago, Illinois; Fitch IBCA Inc.'s rating for the general obligation bonds of Lansing, Michigan; Bonds to be issued by Saint Louis, Missouri to...
- Rating Changes. // Bond Buyer;9/16/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32219, p35
Presents a chart depicting rating changes of bonds issued by different government agencies in the U.S. as of September 16, 2005.
- Week Ends Mostly Flat in Quiet Session. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;3/9/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33076, p2
The article reports on the performance of municipal bonds for the week ending March 6, 2009 in New York. Traders said that municipals finished largely flat and that tax-exempt yields were better by up to a basis point on the long end, weaker by up to a basis point on the shorter end and...
- Connecticut Readies $300M as Deficits Loom. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;2/13/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33061, p4
The article reports on the entrance of Connecticut to the market with a two-day retail order period for $300 million of new-money general obligations bonds. The AA rating for the state's general obligations with a stable outlook was affirmed by Fitch Ratings. Institutional pricing will start for...
- Oakland Puts Off Bonding. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;6/9/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32399, p35
The article reports that Oakland may not market another bond issue under a 2002 voter-approved authorization called Measure DD until 2007, if it will sell less than $100 million of the debt. Measure DD approved the sale of $198 million in debt for water and parks projects throughout the city....