Florida's Bush Signs Plan to Bolster Hurricane Insurers
- How Threatened States Approach Hurricane Loss. // Best's Review;Jul2005, Vol. 106 Issue 3, p40
Reports on the ways in which states have approached hurricane losses. Establishment of the Louisiana Citizens Property Insurance Corp., which administers the state's residual property insurance market; Handling of the hurricane recovery funding on a case-by-case, storm-by-storm basis by the...
- Florida Putting Citizens Insurance Under a Microscope. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/6/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32233, p4
Reports that Florida Governor Jeb Bush and his cabinet have decided to require new financial and employment standards for Citizens Property Insurance Corp. Requirement of Citizens employees to report to its board any financial transactions; Assessment of the auction-rate securities; Provision of...
- Wilma Forces Florida Election Officials to Postpone Some Upcoming Votes. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/1/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32250, p35
Reports that Governor Jeb Bush has postponed the mayoral and city commission primary election because of difficulties caused by Hurricane Wilma in Miami, Florida. Decrease in precinct clerks; Justification of the postponement of the elections; Damage caused by the hurricane in the area.
- Follow Up on Jeb and Congress. // Power Line;9/30/2015, p1
In this article, the author focuses on a letter to the editor of the "Wall Street Journal" from Laura Hirschman in response to the article titled "How I'll Slash the Regulation Tax" by Jeb Bush, and discusses the impact of overregulation on the economy of the U.S.
- Florida Eyes Quick Hurricane Recovery. Folmer, Fred // Travel Agent;10/31/2005, Vol. 323 Issue 3, p12
No abstract available.
- What Hurricanes? Sigo, Shelley // Bond Buyer;8/18/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32199, p27
Reports on the comment of Florida Governor Jeb Bush on the increase of visitors to the state, despite the damages caused by hurricanes in year 2004. Financing of the state public-private tourism agency; Estimate of the economic impact of the Visit Florida campaign.
- Florida Draws The Line On Hurricane Claims. Hays, Daniel // National Underwriter / P&C;11/1/2004, Vol. 108 Issue 41, p10
Reports on the deadline set for insurers to settle up claims from hurricanes Charley, Frances, Ivan and Jeanne in August and September 2004 by lawmakers in Florida. Date approved by Florida Governor Jeb Bush and his cabinet for insurance companies to settle claims; Estimate of total insured...
- Florida's Bush Sees Storm Insurance 'Crisis' and Looks to Special Session. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;8/25/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32453, p3
The article reports on the special session called by Florida Governor Jed Bush concerning the expected insurance crisis in the state brought about by the heating up of the tropics at the peak of the hurricane season in Florida. The insurance markets decided to cut back on the number of insurance...
- Storm-Weary Fla. Schools to Seek Policy Waivers. Richard, Alan // Education Week;9/22/2004, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p1
This article reports that Florida school districts are asking the state to ease its rules on testing, class sizes, and instructional time. Residents evacuated the Florida Panhandle last week to avoid the third hurricane in five weeks to hit the state, where some schools have been closed almost...