Signing Off on Spaceport
- Wisconsin Passes Lateral Locating Bill. // Underground Construction;Sep2006, Vol. 61 Issue 9, p10
The article reports on the approval of the Lateral Locating Bill, authored by Senator Joe Leibham and Steve Nass, by Governor Jim Doyle of Wisconsin. The bill was intended to improve the locating of water and sewer laterals bonded to homes and business for excavation to homes and business for...
- Doyle Floats Jobs Plan. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;9/17/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31721, p31
Presents the economic development plan of Wisconsin Governor Jim Doyle aimed at creating additional jobs and creation of business-friendly atmosphere. Provision of money for job training of workers; Increase of state funding of venture capital projects.
- Set to Add 200 Jobs, Wisconsin Wind Component Producer Gets Support for Plant Expansion. // Wind Energy Weekly;9/24/2010, Vol. 28 Issue 1404, p4
The article reports on the announcement of Governor Jim Doyle, that Wisconsin will render up to 1.5 million dollars to Wausaukee Composites and Grant County, to support the wind industry supply chain company's efforts to create 200 full-time jobs.
- Wisconsin Govemor Signs Bill To Raise Voucher Numbers. Johnston, Robert C. // Education Week;3/22/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 28, p29
The article reports that Governor James E. Doyle of Wisconsin has signed legislation that will raise educational vouchers for students who can take part in Milwaukee's state-sponsored school voucher program. The measure increases the number of vouchers that can be awarded by 7,500, to a total of...
- Taking Care of Business. Stinson, Sonya // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);10/29/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 19, p39
Focuses on the loan program of the Jefferson Parish Economic Development Commission (Jedco) in Jefferson Parish, Louisiana. Sources of the Jedco funding; Provision of funds to businesses planning to create jobs in disadvantaged areas of the parish; Efforts of Jedco to promote job creation.
- The ultimate LOCAL industry. Gonzalez-Velazquez, Joanisabel // Caribbean Business;5/20/2004, Vol. 32 Issue 22, p18
Reports on the tourism activity in Puerto Rico as of May 2004. Improvement of the economy; Job creation; Diversification of the island's offerings. INSET: Tourism meansbig bucks, jobsaround the world.
- Wis. ups spending to promote tourism. // Marketing News;3/1/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p18
Reports on the increase by Wisconsin of its tourism spending until 2007 proposed by Governor Jim Doyle for the promotion of the state as a tourist destination. New tourism slogan adopted by the state; Budget deficit faced by the state through June 2007.
- Gov. Doyle Taps Task Force On Wisconsin School Finance. Blair, Julie // Education Week;9/10/2003, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p20
Governor James E. Doyle of Wisconsin has charged 27 citizens with the task of overhauling the state's school finance system, a goal some lawmakers have been trying to accomplish since the system was last updated a decade ago.
- Doyle approves 'Lock Out Abusers' act to project victims of violence. Strong, Samantha // Advance-Titan (Oshkosh, WI);2/25/2010, Vol. 115 Issue 52, pA4
The article reports on the approval of Wisconsin Governor Jim Doyle to the Lock Out Abusers Act on February 11, 2010, which forbids domestic abuse perpetrators to enter the houses of their victims.