Competitive Note Offerings
- Following the Curve. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;5/31/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32640, p1
The article provides updates concerning municipal bond market yield curve in the U.S. for 2007. It has been expected that as floating-rate securities offer attractive alternatives, short-term fixed rates may get cheaper in the tax-exempt bond market. On the short-end of the municipal yield...
- HY Tops Floating-Rate Funds As Loans Are Hit With TKO. M. S. // High Yield Report;2/18/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p1
The article focuses on the increase of floating-rate funds in the U.S. Survey shows that floating-rate funds and junk bond funds have improved in trading places. This could be attributed to the underperforming bond funds due to technicalities in the loan market. The year-to-date cumulative total...
- SOUTH DAKOTA: Regional Health Readies $68M. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;8/13/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32939, p9
The article reports that South Dakota Regional Health is preparing to enter the market on August 14, 2008 with $67.5 million of variable-rate demand bonds. Most of the issue will be used to refund insured variable-rate debt original sold in 2003. The offer includes about $7 million of new money...
- Seven-Day Yields Drop One Point; Week's Inflows Reach $1.77 Billion. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;5/24/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31394, p35
Reports on the declining average seven-day yield in tax-free money market funds in the U.S. Demand for floating rate debt; Increase in short-term interest rates; Profitability of taxable funds' asset.
- Floating-Rate Notes Stay Popular Despite Low Rates. BARASCH, JON; DISTURCO, JOHN // Bond Buyer;12/10/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33826, p8
The article informs that the municipal floating-rate notes are regaining its strength even after lower rates in the U.S. bond market.
- European FRNs Draw Mixed Response. S.H. // High Yield Report;5/31/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 22, p1
Reports on the lack of investor appetite for floating-rate notes in Europe.
- BUOYANT FLOATS. Andrews, Bruce // BRW;10/9/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 39, p76
Reports on the increase in the number of floating rate notes in Australia. Best float for stag profits.
- Munis Little Changed Ahead of Inflation Data. Curran, William; Scarchilli, Michael; Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;8/1/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32435, p2
The article reports that the bond market was little changed on July 31, 2006 as it remained dormant in anticipation of inflation data to be released on August 1, 2006 in the United States. The 10-year note was quoted near the end of the session at 4.99%, one basis point lower than the level...
- Florida Delays Cat Sale. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;8/27/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32700, p1
The article reports on the delay of the sale of up to $7 billion of short-term, floating-rate notes of Florida Hurricane Catastrophe Fund Finance Corp. due to volatility in the taxable bond markets. According to fund officials, the state will continue to evaluate market conditions and access the...