Senator's Proposal Would Allow Private Utilities to Sell Tax-Exempts
- Oil drillers get 'one-stop shopping' at no extra cost. Brown, Emma // High Country News;11/14/2005, Vol. 37 Issue 21, p3
The article reports that the U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM) has decided to raise an estimated $20 million each year by charging oil and gas companies $4,000 per permit application. Senators Craig Thomas and Orrin Hatch added a provision in the national energy bill. The provision would...
- Energy Bill Debate May Take A While. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;4/29/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31375, p5
Reports the status of the energy bill in the U.S. Senate. Debate on energy bill; Versions of energy policy in the Senate; Context of the energy legislation.
- Poll Shows Americans Favor Energy Plan. // American Gas;Oct2002, Vol. 84 Issue 8, p7
Focuses on the support of the people to the U.S. Congress on national energy plan. Importance of energy legislation bill; Increase of oil and natural gas production; Stability on the supply of energy.
- Energy Debate on Capitol Hill: We've Only Just Begun. Betz, Kenneth W. // Energy User News;Sep2001, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p1
Reports the passage of the energy plan of President George W. Bush in the House of Representatives in the United States. Debate on the energy policy; Provisions of the legislation; Implementation of tax breaks and incentives to energy companies.
- Politician proposes power panel. Morrison, Patrick // Indianapolis Business Journal;4/2/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p19
Reports the legislative bill for a statewide energy policy in Indianapolis, Indiana. Proponents of the legislative bill; Establishment of a commission for the development of energy policy recommendations; Supporters of the bill.
- Congressional Panel Faces Impasse on Compromise. // Energy User News;Aug2002, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p1
Focuses on the efforts of the Congress to create a compromise between two different energy bills passed by the House and the Senate in Washington. Context of the energy policy; Advertising campaign emphasizing the importance of a comprehensive energy legislation; Areas included in passing the bill.
- Controversy In Congress Over U.S. Energy Policy. // Congressional Digest;Aug/Sep78, Vol. 57 Issue 8/9, p193
Focuses on U.S. president Jimmy Carter's proposed National Energy Plan introduced in Congress. Carter's approach to conserve fuels and to increase energy production; Conflict between energy needs and environmental interests; Urgency of passing a major energy legislation before November 1978...
- Energy Bill Deadlocked Yet Again. Hess, Glen // Chemical Market Reporter;11/17/2003, Vol. 246 Issue 17, p1
Reports that House and Senate Republicans remained stalled over legislation that would rewrite U.S. energy policy. Reactions from chemical industry officials; Outstanding issues on the energy bill; Natural gas provisions in the legislation.
- Senate-Passed Energy Bill Is Mixed for Construction. Behrens, Lira; Ichniowski, Tom // ENR: Engineering News-Record;5/6/2002, Vol. 248 Issue 17, p11
Reports the approval of the Senate of the energy bill in the U.S. Administration of the National Energy Policy; Enhancement of gas pipeline; Extension of the Price-Anderson Act liability protection.