Indiana Awaits Ruling in Challenge to Toll Road Concession
- Indiana Road Deal Opponents to Appeal Ruling on Posting Bond. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/30/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32391, p41
The article reports that the group behind a lawsuit challenging Indiana's plan to lease the Indiana Toll Road to a private consortium said it would appeal a Saint Joseph Superior Court judge Michael Scopelitis's ruling that requires the group to post a $1.9 billion bond to proceed. Scopelitis in...
- Despite Ruling, RESPA Sec. 8 Suits Expected to Continue. Brustein, Joshua // National Mortgage News;12/1/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p24
Reports on the court rulings of a federal judge about the rights of originators from profiting unearned fees under RESPA Section 8 in the U.S. Favor for GMAC Mortgage in the U.S. District Court for Pennsylvania; Charges against Francis Santiago for settlement fees for tax services and flood...
- The enterprise of judging. Osgood, Russell K. // Harvard Journal of Law & Public Policy;Winter94, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p13
Reflects on the nature of judicial decision-making. Emphasis on different judicial qualities in relation to judging as an activity; Distinction between the skills and frame of mind that a judge should possess in making provisional judgments; Distinction between trial and appellate judging;...
- NY's judge-pay policy ruled unconstitutional. Sichko, Adam // Buffalo Law Journal;2/25/2010, Vol. 82 Issue 16, p1
The article reports on the ruling of the high courts in New York state regarding potential pay raises asked by the judges which have gathered 5-1 votes among the state legislators, not in favor to those who pleaded and a violation to the state constitution according to the state Court of Appeals.
- MM&M prepares for judgment day. // Medical Marketing & Media;Apr2005, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p10
Reports on the recruitment of judges for the "Medical Marketing & Media Award for 2005. Date and venue of the judgment.
- Writing Reasoned Decisions and Opinions: A Guide for Novice, Experienced, and Foreign Judges. STRONG, S. I. // Journal of Dispute Resolution;2015, Vol. 2015 Issue 1, p93
The article offers information on good written judgments where judicial education offers instruction on same and benefits judges and arbitrators and states that when writing, the precise language employed is important as it provide information on decision of trial court and help appellate courts.
- Judge Fritz Alexander passes. Boyd, Herb // New York Amsterdam News;04/27/2000, Vol. 91 Issue 17, p3
Focuses on the death of New York City-based judge, Fritz Alexander. Career highlights; Major court opinions; Social and civic obligations; Old name of Alexander.
- Kentucky Town Cites $11.4M Judgment in Bankruptcy. Sigo, Shelly // Bondbuyer.com;8/21/2015, p1
Hillview, Ky, filed for Chapter 9 bankruptcy on Thursday listing its largest debt as an $11.4 million judgment for breach of contract; it also has $3.2 million of bond debt.
- Why the Stockton California Bankruptcy Ruling Can't Stop Public Sector Pension Reform. Greenhut, Steven // Hit & Run;11/1/2014, p7
The author comments on a federal judge's decision to approve the bankruptcy of Stockton, California in October 2014. Topics covered include the failure of the decision to tame the city's looming pension debt, the fundamental problems with regards to pension reform, and how the decision could...