DOT's New Plan Targets Traffic Congestion
- Integrated Corridor Management. Cronin, Brian; Mortensen, Steve; Thompson, Dale // Public Roads;Mar/Apr2008, Vol. 71 Issue 5, p1
The article reports on the initiatives undertaken by the U.S. Department of Transportation (USDOT) to reduce traffic congestion in the nation. It mentions that the agency is pursuing a concept of integrated corridor management (ICM), which aims to improve the movement of people and goods along...
- Slow going: New toll road may ease Laguna jam, or it may not. Fine, Howard // Orange County Business Journal;7/15/96, Vol. 19 Issue 29, p1
Reports on the failure of the San Joaquin Hills toll road to ease traffic congestion in South Orange County, California. Factors causing the traffic jam; Department of Transportation's F rating to Laguna Canyon Road and part of El Toro Road; Estimated number of cars to be funneled onto Laguna...
- High-tech toll roads key to easing congestion, reining in gas taxes. Peters, Mary E. // Hill;4/9/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 38, p29
The article reports on proposals for the development of high-technology toll roads to resolve problems related to traffic congestion and gasoline consumption and taxes in the U.S.
- San Francisco Officials Consider Plans for the City's Own Big Dig. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;04/20/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30875, p32
Reports on the San Francisco County Transportation Authority's plan to build underground toll roads to relieve traffic congestion on streets. Key features and specifications of the proposed project; Leaving surface streets for local traffic, buses and pedestrians.
- Hwy. 281 One Step Closer To Tolls-- Whether The Public Wants Them Or Not. // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);8/22/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 34, p1
The article reports that the U.S. Federal Highway Administration has granted approval on the proposed addition of tolled lanes for U.S. Highway 81.
- DOT's exploration of 'market-based' solutions. Swickard, James E. // Business & Commercial Aviation;Jun2002, Vol. 90 Issue 6, p11
Reports the revival of the exploration made by the U.S. Department of Transportation on market-based solutions to airport congestion. Establishment of a closing date for public comments on the issue; Plans on the imposition of airport fees.
- DOT launches gridlock offensive. // Transportation & Distribution;Feb96, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p19
Reports that the United States Department of Transportation (DOT) has launched Operation TimeSaver, a project to prevent traffic congestion. Project's goal to build the Intelligent Transportation Infrastructure (ITI); Details of the project.
- Transportation. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;10/12/2015, Vol. 275 Issue 9, p6
The article reports that the Colorado Department of Transportation plans to open the priciest U.S. toll road in December 2015, and states that the toll lane built by Colorado Department of Transportation would help in relieving congestion and would be available for use only 72 days in a year.
- DOT Closes on $66M Loan for Louisiana Coastal Toll Road. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;6/2/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32145, p5
This article focuses on the Louisiana Transportation Authority. The U.S. Department of Transportation announced yesterday that it closed on a 66 million dollar loan to the Louisiana Transportation Authority to help finance the first phase of an estimated 247 million dollar elevated toll road...