Scripps Health Upgrades
- Scripps Enters Negotiating Phase to Buy Hospital in El Centro. KESHAVAN, MEGHANA // San Diego Business Journal;11/18/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 46, p5
The article reports on the negotiation phase of non-profit health system Scripps Health to acquire El Centro Regional Medical hospital in San Diego, California.
- HOSPITALS. Shamrell, Courtney // San Diego Business Journal;12/23/2015 Book Of Lists, p104
A table is presented which ranks several hospitals in San Diego, California by number of licensed beds as of December 2015 including the Sharp Memorial Hospital, Scripps Health, and the Sharp Grossmont Hospital.
- Scripps lays out a healthy network infrastructure. Eifert, Gary // Cabling Installation & Maintenance;Jun2000, Vol. 8 Issue 7, p15
Describes Scripps Health's rewiring scheme for the entire telecommunication and data-networking cabling infrastructure of its network of hospitals and other health care facilities in California. Emphasis of the upgrade; Challenges in network-infrastructure cabling; Options considered in...
- Time to Trash Your Org Chart? BETBEZE, PHILIP // HealthLeaders Magazine;Aug2011, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p30
The article focuses on the restructuring of some of the best hospitals and health systems in the U.S. Scripps Health in San Diego, California is returning to an alignment structure that aims to change the sense of accountability. It cites the efforts of health systems to unify the standards to...
- Scripps Bonds Get Healthy Rating. Chambers, Heather // San Diego Business Journal;7/21/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 29, p37
The article reports that an A+ rating has been assigned by international credit rating agency Fitch Ratings Ltd. to $101.6 million in California Health Facilities Financing Authority fixed-rate revenue bonds issued on behalf of Scripps Health. Fitch Ratings said that it assigned an A+ rating to...
- Mercy merger won't mean massive layoffs. Fike, Bradley J. // San Diego Business Journal;8/28/95, Vol. 16 Issue 35, p6
Reports on the merger agreement between Mercy Hospital of San, Diego, California and ScrippsHealth. Assurance that there will be no massive lay-offs; Benefits that can be derived from the merger; Terms of the merger; Need for the merger to have the approval of the Pope; Features of the merger.
- Suddenly a CEO. Butcher, Lola // HealthLeaders Magazine;Apr2007, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p44
The article focuses on the actions undertaken by Scripps Health chief executive officer (CEO) Chris Van Gorder to ensure organizational turnaround. Following his appointment as CEO of Scripps Health, Van Gorder established a physician leadership cabinet to forge ongoing communication between...
- HOSPITALS. // San Diego Business Journal;11/9/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 45, p44
A table is presented which ranks hospitals based on the number of licensed beds in San Diego, California including the Sharp Memorial Hospital, the Scripps Health, and the University of California (UC) San Diego Health System.
- Reconnecting with the community. // AHA News;12/10/2007, Vol. 43 Issue 25, p6
An interview with Chris Van Gorder, president and chief executive officer (CEO) of Scripps Health, is presented. He explained his views on the concept of transparency in communicating public health issues. He described the link between residents and the mission of local hospitals. He also...