Sizing Up an OPEB Trim
- CEB Urges Medicare Reform. Ferling, Rhona L. // Financial Executive;May/June97, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p51
Deeply concerned about the Medicare system's rapidly growing problems, Financial Executives Institute's (FEI) Committee on Employee Benefits (CEB) has issued an FEI position statement on Medicare reform, developed by an ad-hoc CEB committee formed to study the issue. The committee has developed...
- GUIDE TO POST-EMPLOYMENT BENEFITS OTHER THAN PENSIONS. // Practical Accountant;Oct2005, Vol. 38 Issue 10, p30
The article reports that the Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) has published a Guide to Implementation of GASB Statements 43 and 45 on Other Postemployment Benefits (OPEB). It assists preparers and auditors of governmental financial statements as they implement the GASB's recently...
- Post-retirement benefits. // Accountancy;Oct94, Vol. 114 Issue 1214, p103
The article offers the author's answer to a reader's question about post-retirement health care benefits for employees. The reader asked whether it is acceptable to debit unrecognized liability without altering the balance sheet after the company he is working for adopts Urgent Issues Task Force...
- Multifaceted approach to health care. // Finance Week;2/17/2003, p42
Reports on the impact of cost pressures on the risk category of employee benefits on health care. Increase in medical aid premiums; Factors that prevent companies from discriminating against the sick; Offering of employee assistance programs.
- HEALTH CARE--ADDITIONAL Resources. // Benefits & Compensation Digest;Jul2008, Vol. 45 Issue 7, p39
A list of resources that provide information on health care is presented including a seminar on Health Care Cost Management to be held on October 15-16, 2008 in San Jose, California, the International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans web site, and the book "Wellness Programs, Survey & Sample...
- Human resources. Greene, Jan; Serb, Chris // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;04/05/97, Vol. 71 Issue 7, p25
Provides information on the different human resource programs and activities. Motto for health care; Company-sponsored stress-reduction sessions; Top priorities for 1997 of the health care field. Total patient revenues of the health care program; Focus of the stress reduction session group.
- patient-centered medical home. // Benefits Magazine;Oct2011, Vol. 48 Issue 10, p14
The article presents an answer to a question about patient-centred medical home (PCMH) and the way it could benefit plan sponsors.
- Benefits packages increasingly vital. Barakat, Pierre // Business & Economic Review;Jan-Mar2000, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p29
Stresses the importance of benefits packages to attract and retain employees in the health care industry. Health care systems' financial constraints; Reasons for the financial losses in the industry.
- Ask a benefit manager. Nirtaut, Dennis J. // Business Insurance;05/18/98, Vol. 32 Issue 20, p15
Presents a column which addressed issues on employee benefit management. Views on developing a health care strategy; How to attract employees into health care plans; Indication of two elements of attracting employees to the most cost-efficient plans; Critical part of developing a health care...