Nevada Ponders New Water Authority To Better Manage Costs and Resources
- CONSERVATION AND NATURAL RESOURCES. Bolden, Kristen; Genteman, Crystal // Georgia State University Law Review;Fall2010, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p185
The article discusses the aspect of Senate Bill (SB) 370 which was introduced in an effort to conserve water in Georgia. It mentions that the Act was based on the recommendation made by the Governor's Water Contingency Task Force, which was formed to examine possible solutions to Georgia's water...
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;11/22/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33420, p28
The article presents a status report on the bond buyer legislation in the U.S. The bills cited include the "Clean Renewable Water Supply Act" or HR 4132, S. 1374, the "Hiring Incentives to Restore Employment Act" or Public Law 111-174 H R 2847 and the "Water Trust Fund" or HR 3202. The article...
- Watered Down: Why is Water Important to YOU? Bennett, Jen // Corn & Soybean Digest Exclusive Insight;6/ 6/2012, p1
The article reports on the celebration of the 40th anniversary of the EPA Clean Water Act by asking for 15-second videos about why water is important to people.
- Water efficiency bills move through Congress. SCHWALB, KEVIN // Contractor Magazine;Jul2009, Vol. 56 Issue 7, p20
A summary of the bill, H. R. 2368, the Water Advanced Technologies for Efficient Resource Use Act of 2009, prepared by the U.S. House of Representatives, December 31, 2010.
- Hungary clears a path for privatisation run. Ockenden, Karma // Utility Week;6/6/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 23, p13
Reports on the plan of Hungary to legislate for the privatization of its water market. Information on a bill that the Hungarian cabinet will introduce to the parliament in 2004 concerning private sector participation rules; Kind of investment needed by Hungary to comply with the European...
- Georgia Governor Signs P3 Bill To Boost Drinking-Water Supply. SIGO, SHELLY // Bond Buyer;5/4/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33511, p3
The article reports on the Senate Bill (SB) 122 signed by Georgia Governor Nathan Deal into law, authorizing the use of public-private partnerships to develop drinking-water supply and related infrastructure projects in 2011.
- ANTIQUES ROADSHOW: THE COMMON LAW AND THE COMING AGE OF GROUNDWATER MARKETING. Baxtresser, Dean // Michigan Law Review;Mar2010, Vol. 108 Issue 5, p773
Groundwater law in the United States is ill suited to deal with the issue of groundwater marketing. As freshwater shortages become more common with increasing population and a warming climate, scholars and business people are touting water markets as the solution to conservation and...
- TFB protects landowners, helps secure water funding. Domel, Jessica // Texas Neighbors;Jul2013, Vol. 78 Issue 3, p4
The article presents information on two legislations passed by the State legislature of Texas to fund the State water plan for the enhancement of water supplies required for the development of Texas. It mentions the initiatives taken by the Texas Farm Bureau (TFB) for assuring the water supplies...
- Are more water regulations coming? Smith, Ron // Southwest Farm Press;3/13/2014, Vol. 41 Issue 8, p21
The article lists the views of several U.S. agriculture experts and executives on the need of more water regulations in the country as of March 2014 including Texas farmer Steve Albracht, Kansas farmer Martin Kerschen and chairman of the National Sorghum Producers J.B. Stewart.