Arkansas Lawsuit Decries Merger of School Districts
- UFT, allies sue to stop closure of 19 NYC schools. Hirsch, Michael // New York Teacher;2/18/2010, Vol. 51 Issue 10, p9
The article reports on the move of the United Federation of Teachers, National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP), and other plaintiffs including community and education advocates, as well as the city and state elected officials to sue the New York City school officials...
- Size Matter, But It Needn't Dictate. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/18/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 47, p52
Focuses on the lawsuit filed by dealers against the fiscal agreement of Comcast and AT&T Broadband announced by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission. Discussion on the issue raised by the dealers against the consolidation of the two companies.
- ONTI, INC. v. INTEGRA BANK. // Delaware Journal of Corporate Law;2000, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p564
Focuses on an action seeking declaration of the cash-out merger considerations by the plaintiffs ONTI, Inc. against defendants Integra Bank in New Castle, Delaware. Complaint of counterclaimants against counterclaim defendants; Alternatives through a demand appraisal; Failure to the...
- KEYS TO HANDLING M&A LAWSUITS. Greenwald, Judy // Business Insurance;1/28/2013, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p0014
The article discusses presents tips on minimizing the key effects of monitoring merger and acquisition lawsuits.
- Reinvigorated Antitrust Enforcement: Lessons for Non-Party Witnesses from Recent Merger Litigation. Wait, Amanda L.; Hauser, Brian // Antitrust Source;Oct2016, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p1
The article offers tips to consider when advising a non-party client in merger investigations or litigation such as need for non-parties to be aware of situation such as role of clients in investigation, protection of the client's confidential materials and managing communications about the deal.
- OREGON: Ex-teacher sues school district. // Gay & Lesbian Times;7/10/2008, Issue 1072, p33
The article reports on the lawsuit filed against a school district in Oregon from a former music, drama and language arts teacher.
- Eatonville (Wash.) district sued over school bus wreck that injured student. // American School & University Exclusive Insight;1/27/2012, p5
The article reports on a lawsuit filed by the mother of a boy hit by an school bus in Eatonville, Washington against the school district and the bus driver, alleging their negligence which resulted in her son's injuries.
- Agreement reached in church, school lawsuit. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);9/17/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 36, p1
The article reports that Prairie Valley Baptist Church has reached an agreement with Whitney Independent School District in Texas in a court case for holding its Christian Worldview Ministry at the school.
- KANSAS: School Funding Suit Filed. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;11/9/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33413, p9
The article reports on the move of a coalition of school districts to file a suit to overturn portions of the state's funding formula for public education in Kansas.