- â€˜Alternativeâ€™ capital closer to mainstream. LERNER, MATTHEW // Business Insurance;8/31/2015, Vol. 49 Issue 18, p0001
The article discusses the developments in the financial services industry in the U.S. as of August 2015, particularly the blurring categories between catastrophe bonds and other insurance-linked securities and traditional reinsurance. Also cited are a report showing that the alternative capital...
- Venezuela: Global 27 Bond To Fall Further. // Emerging Markets Monitor;9/18/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 23, p12
The article reports on the weakness of the bond market of Venezuela as of September 2006. It fell by 1.5 percent from 122.523 to 120.746 which was mainly a result of the continuing slide of Brent crude, and brought fears that a sell-off in oil prices could undermine the country's debt servicing...
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;8/26/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32205, p36
Presents charts depicting the bond market statistics in the U.S. in August 2005. Market indicators; Short-Term Tax-Exempt Yields; Visible Supply Declines.
- The comovement of US and German bond markets. Engsted, Tom; Tanggaard, Carsten // International Review of Financial Analysis;2007, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p172
Abstract: We use a vector-autoregression, with parameter estimates corrected for small-sample bias, to decompose US and German unexpected bond returns into three ï¿½newsï¿½ components: news about future inflation, news about future real interest rates, and news about future excess bond...
- Pricing Struggles Slow Deal Activity in Q3. MacInnes, Alexander; Clouse., Carol J. // Private Placement Letter;10/10/2011, p4
The article reports that U.S. companies placed nearly 6 billion dollars through 20 private deals in the third quarter of 2011. As reported, pricing proved difficult during the third quarter, due in part, to a volatile public bond market and a push from investors for wider spreads to make up for...
- Market Statistics. // Bond Buyer;7/7/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32418, p38
Several charts are presented that lists bond market statistics including market indicators, municipal market data general obligation yields, and visible supply increases.
- Bond Buyer Yield Indexes All Down as Last Week's Gains Hold. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;8/4/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32438, p44
The article reports on the decline of the Bond Buyer's weekly yield indexes in week ended August 3, 2006. The gains on Friday held when the U.S. bond market remained unchanged for the rest of the week. Investors waited if the Federal Open Market Committee at its meeting Tuesday holds rates...
- DERIVATIVES & STRUCTURED PRODUCTS. // Bond Buyer;3/30/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31852, p7
Provides information on the bond market in the United States as of March 30, 2004. Bond Market Association Municipal Swaps Index; Comparison between the cost of funds for a fixed-coupon bond and a synthetic bond created from variable-rate; Rates of index-linked municipal swaps.
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Wednesday, September 8. // Bond Buyer;9/9/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31965, p2
Presents a chart related to the bond market in the U.S. for September 8, 2004.