Civic Federation Outlines Problems In Chicago's Proposed School Budget
- Fitch: Airline Problems Could Hit Airports Hard in the Long Term. Shields, Yvette; Elizabeth Carvlin; DeSue, Tedra; Johnson, Matther // Bond Buyer;8/26/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32205, p4
Reports on the possible effects of the escalating financial crises engulfing Northwest Airlines Inc. and Delta Air Lines Inc. on airports in the U.S. Impact of their struggles on the value of general airport revenue bonds and special facilities revenue bonds; Concerns raised by various industry...
- From the TM3 wire. Keeton, Ann; Gallo, Pete // Bond Buyer;03/25/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30358, p2
Reports on bonds in Ohio, school budgets in Virginia and exports from California as of March 25, 1998. Includes Ohio Building Authority's plan to sell $146.255 million of state facilities bonds; Approval of a $31.1 budget proposal for fiscal 1999 from the Prince George County, Virginia School...
- Time for change in financing methods. Aceves, Larry // Leadership;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p7
Points out that California's schools have been underfunded for decades and it is time for a change in financing methods. Need for members of the Association of California School Administrators to find ways to support each other.
- If it's a budget cut, then it's personal. Manthey, George // Leadership;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p11
Points out that budget decisions for schools in California will be personal because it will include reducing staff. Need for judgment calls about who will stay and who will go; Need to decide what work will not be done.
- Where has the money gone? Bracey, Gerald W. // Phi Delta Kappan;Feb96, Vol. 77 Issue 6, p447
Elaborates on a study of spending in school districts between 1967 and 1991 conducted by Richard Rothstein and Karen Hawley Miles of the Economic Policy Institute. The creation of a Net Services Index to replace the Consumer Price Index which typically overstates the increase in education cost;...
- A Budget Deferred. Agron, Joe // American School & University;Apr99, Vol. 71 Issue 8, p26
Provides information on a survey on the maintenance and operations (M&O) budgets of schools in the United States. Survey methodology; Facts and figures; Regional breakdowns of M&O budgets.
- Ohio Reformer Hits School Budget as 'Woefully Inadequate'. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;11/16/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31019, p36
Reports the criticism of William Phillis, a school reform advocate, on the school budget proposed by the Board of Education in Ohio. Lack of standards for a thorough and efficient education; Response of Susan Zelman, state superintendent of public instruction to the claims of Phillis; Rejection...
- School-Based Budgeting. Hadderman, Margaret // Teacher Librarian;Oct2002, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p27
Discusses a reform strategy that gives schools more authority over their budgets. Advantages obtained by switching from a district-centered finance system to school-based budgeting; Implementation issues and obstacles to switching; Information on emerging policies and research directions...
- FROM THE EDITOR. Cook, Glenn // American School Board Journal;May2010, Vol. 197 Issue 5, p4
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses an article on the problems faced by schools brought by the global financial crisis in Kansas City, Kansas by Del Stover, pension dilemmas by Naomi Dillon, and developing budget for schools.