GFOA's Proposed Derivatives Checklist Could Affect Muni Issuers Under Audit
- GFOA: More Disclosure Of IRS Audits. Kinnander, Ola; Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;9/7/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31219, p1
Reports the demands of the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) among its members to disclose Internal Revenue Service (IRS) audits in Washington. Publication of a guide to solve the difficulty faced by disclosing audits; Conditions in disclosing IRS audits; Comments on the GFOA...
- IRS Makes Players a New Offer. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;05/07/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31133, p1
Focuses on the offer made by Mark Scott, the United States Internal Revenue Service's national director for tax-exempt bonds, to give issuers, investors, and conduit borrowers the opportunity to resolve pending bond audits in court at a much earlier stage. Necessary steps to allow an adverse...
- Several Mutual Funds Rush To Settle Audits With IRS. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;10/26/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32246, p1
Reports on the attempt of several tax-exempt mutual funds to settle U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) audits on behalf of their bondholders. Amount involved in the multifamily housing bonds settled with the agency by a subsidiary of Gold Banc Corp.; Statement of Charles Anderson, field manager...
- IRS' Harrigal: Status Quo Holds for Now Regarding Circular 230. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;6/28/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32163, p7
The article reports that bond buyers can continue operating under the "status quo" because Circular 230 has not yet placed any new requirements on state and local bond opinions, Rebecca L. Harrigal, branch chief in the tax-exempt bond branch of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service chief counsel's...
- IRS Charts Plan of Attack. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;12/26/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31291, p1
Reports on the plans of the U.S. Internal Revenus Service's (IRS) tax-exempt bond enforcement team to audit projects of individuals and firms in the country. Details of the plans; Problems tackled by the IRS bond enforcement team; Constituent members of the enforcement team.
- New IRS Audit Proposal Could get to the Facts, Quickly. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;5/10/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31384, p5
Reports the audit proposal of the Internal Revenue Service in the U.S. Enhancement of dispute resolution on bond examinations; Interpretation of tax code; Resolution of taxation matters.
- Audit Study Results In. Hume, Lynn; Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;8/20/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31453, p1
Reports market impacts of Internal Revenue Service audits on disclosed variable-rate bonds in the U.S. Reduction on demand for bonds due to higher prices faced by issuers; Effects of audits on long-term municipal bonds; Relation of variable-rate market to taxable rates.
- IRS Request Leads to Audits of Gulf Breeze, Fla., Deals. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/17/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31493, p4
Focuses on the request of the Internal Revenue Service to audit the city of Gulf Breeze deals in Florida. Selling of capital funding revenue bonds; Examination of the suspected tax law violations; Clarification of the state law.
- IRS eases up on pension errors. Geisel, Jerry // Business Insurance;03/16/98, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p1
Reports on the Internal Revenue Service's (IRS) release of a set of rules, Revenue Procedure 98-22, designed to make it easier for employers to correct mistakes uncovered in pension plans. When the rules were released; Modification and consolidation of programs as the Employee Plans Compliance...