Salt River Eyes Expansion
- Moody's Raises Northern California Power Agency Debt. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;6/12/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32400, p35
The article reports that ratings for the geothermal revenue bonds of the Northern California Power Agency was upgraded by Moody's Investors Service to A2 in the first week of June 2006. The hydroelectric revenue bonds of the utility were also upgraded by the rating agency to A2 during the said...
- LIPA Outlook To Positive: Moody's. // Bond Buyer;7/26/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31933, p2
Reports on the credit rating of Baa1 assigned by Moody's Investor Service to the general revenue bonds of the Long Island Power Authority (LIPA). Purpose of the offering plan; Reasons for the positive credit outlook; Expectation of Moody's from the operations of LIPA.
- TENNESSEE: Memphis Electric Upgrade. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;12/20/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32778, p9
The article reports on the upgrade of $1.2 billion revenue bonds of Memphis Electric System by Moody's Investors Service Inc. (MIS) in Tennessee. MIS raises the Series 2003 A and B revenue bonds from Aa3 to Aa2. It also affirms the stable outlook. The rating upgrade is attributed to major credit...
- Bond Quality Rating Changes for Electric Utilities: A Multivariate Analysis. Bhandari, Shyam; Soldofsky, Robert M.; Boe, Warren J. // Financial Management (1972);Spring79, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p74
This article investigates whether or not a multivariate discriminant model that incorporates the recent levels, past trends and instability of financial ratios can explain and predict the quality rating changes of electric utility bonds. Corporate bond ratings are considered important in the...
- Columbia, Mo.-Based Utility Commission Sets Debut Debt Sale. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/5/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32375, p38
The article reports on the launching of Missouri Joint Municipal Electric Utility Commission in the tax-exempt market in May 10, 2006 in Columbia, Missouri. The debut was inaugurated with a sale of power project revenue bonds. Fitch Ratings Inc. and Moody's Investors Service Inc. have given...
- Tacoma Power Affirmed. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;5/14/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31884, p33
Reports on the affirmation of the ratings given by Moody's Investors Service, Standard & Poor's, and Fitch Ratings for Tacoma's electric utility debt as the city prepares to sell electric system revenue bonds
- NORTHEAST Bond-Watch. Newman, Emily; Vadum, Matthew; Piazza, Johanna; Braun, Martin Z.; D'Ambrosio, Gillian // Bond Buyer;6/2/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31647, p37
Presents news briefs related to issue of bonds in different states of the U.S. Decision in the House of Maine on whether a casino should be built in the state or not; Bond anticipation notes issued by the state of Massachusetts in June 2003; Ratings assigned to the upcoming bond sales by...
- St. Louis IDA Hotel Bonds on Watch. // Bond Buyer;10/21/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31744, p2
Reports that Moody's Investors Service placed the Baa3 rating assigned to Saint Louis Industrial Development Authority in senior linen hotel revenue bonds for possible downgrade in Missouri.
- Fallen Angel Recovery Rates Top Junk. // High Yield Report;1/5/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p2
Reports on the findings of Moody's Investors Service Inc.'s study showing that recovery rates on defaulted corporate bonds continued their upward trajectory in 2003.