Philly Budget's Next Step
- Pennsylvania authority to refund Series 1993 bonds. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;01/29/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30568, p4
Reports on the Pennsylvania Intergovernmental Cooperation Authority's plan to refund all or part of the Series 1993 special tax revenue bonds it issued on behalf of Philadelphia. Projected date of the deal's finalization; Possible selection of Salomon Smith Barney to serve as senior manager of...
- State agency approves Philadelphia plan, with warnings. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;06/17/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30664, p4
Reports on the Pennsylvania Intergovernmental Cooperation Authority's approval of the city of Philadelphia's proposed financial plan. Details of the city's financial plan; State government's warning of risks related to the program.
- Agency warns Philadelphia on court-savings projections. Demenchuk, Michael // Bond Buyer;01/05/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30303, p30
Reports that the Pennsylvania Intergovernmental Cooperation Authority which oversees Philadelphia's finances has urged the latter to practice caution toward the state's plans to assume court costs. Need for Philadelphia to reevaluate its fiscal 1999 budget projections and overall five-year...
- Pennsylvania Oversight Agency to Enter Swap With JPMorgan, Refund $89.5M. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;6/8/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32398, p3
The article reports on the sale of 89.5 million dollar of special tax revenue refunding bonds by the Pennsylvania Intergovernmental Cooperation Authority. The sale follows JPMorgan Chase's decision to enter into a swap with the oversight agency. The authority will sell seven-day, auction-rate...
- Economic Policy: Fiscal Policy and Outlook. // Nicaragua Country Monitor;Nov2011, p9
The article focuses on the status of the fiscal policy and outlook in Nicaragua. It says that the 2011 Nicaraguan budget worth 35.8 billion cÃ³dobas will be spent on higher operating expenditure, Education Ministry and Health Ministry poverty-reduction programs. It states that government...
- Bulgaria: Little Room For Spread Compression. // Emerging Markets Monitor;2/7/2005, Vol. 10 Issue 41, p13
Reports on the economic development of Bulgaria as of February 2005. Factors that would allow the government to repay its debt; Budget surplus of the government in 2004; Reason behind the government's decision to ease its fiscal policy.
- N.J. Officials Target Surplus for Debt Reduction Fund. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;5/14/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32878, p4
The article discusses the estimation of target surplus by New Jersey state officials for the fiscal budget 2008. The state officials are estimating a collection of $533m excess for debt reduction fund in the fiscal 2008 budget, which they are seeing as an advantage. They propose saving an...
- Wachovia, IRS Settlement in SLGS Rollover Error. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;4/26/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31870, p5
Reports that Wachovia Bank, the trustee for a refunding deal done by the Pennsylvania Intergovernmental Cooperation Authority, is negotiating a settlement with the U.S. Internal Revenue Service over rebating arbitrage triggered by the bank's failure to change the investment yield in the...
- Fitch, S&P lift PICA to single-A. // Bond Buyer;03/30/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30609, p2
Reports that Standard & Poor's Corp. and Fitch Investors Service Inc. have upgraded the credit rating of Pennsylvania Intergovernmental Cooperation Authority.