SEC to Rethink Hedge Fund Regs Following Court Ruling
- Passing the Regulatory Buck. Curtis, Carol E. // Securities Industry News;1/8/2007, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p4
The article reflects on the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission's attempt to regulate hedge funds, which was accepted by the securities industry as regulation lite. The rule is requiring hedge fund advisers to provide certain basic information and submit to inspection, which is challenged by...
- SLAYING THE SEC. Barber, Andrew // Trader Monthly;Oct/Nov2006, Vol. 3 Issue 6, p62
The article presents an interview with Philip Goldstein, a trader who owns his own fund called Opportunity Partners, regarding his decision to combat the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) on behalf of hedge funds. His outlook on scoring a victory against SEC in line with the ruling...
- Our Pride. Cooper, Evan // On Wall Street;Oct2004, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p12
Introduces articles featured in the October 2004 issue of "On Wall Street," including the effects of the registration in the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission on the hedge funds of products.
- SEC rule opens the playing field. Anand, Vineeta // Pensions & Investments;4/14/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p8
Reports on the adoption of rules by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) which clear the way for hedge funds to seek more than 100 investors as long as those investors can be defined as qualified purchasers. Relation of the National Securities Markets Improvement Act of 1996 to the...
- Hedge hype. Lacoursiere, Catherine // Treasury & Risk Management;May/Jun96, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p16
Focuses on the US Securities and Exchange Commission's (SEC) policy concerning hedge funds. Hedge funds as investment pools that can trade in naked call options or buy on margin; Hedge funds as cause of the 1987 market crash; Suitability of hedge funds for plans with thousands of participants.
- SEC Looking to Hire Hedge Fund Vets. // American Banker;4/16/2010, Vol. 175 Issue F314, p15
This article reports that the United States Securities & Exchange Commission is seeking to hire veteran hedge fund managers and executives for its regulatory enforcement team that will be focusing on hedge funds, buyout firms, and mutual funds.
- Hedge funds move to register. Collins, Daniel P. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Mar2003, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p22
Reports on the increase of filing for registration of hedge fund products with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Filing by the asset management arm of American Express Financial Corp. of a registered fund of funds vehicle; Plan of Advisory Hedged Opportunity Fund to use numerous...
- SEC's 'solution in search of a problem'? Collins, Daniel P. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Dec2003, Vol. 32 Issue 15, p60
Discusses the Securities and Exchange Commission staff report on hedge funds industry in the U.S. Registration of hedge fund advisors; Growth in hedge fund assets; Reaction of the industry to the recommendations given in the report; Lack of information about hedge funds.
- Experts look under the hood of 3 large hedge funds of funds. Clair, Chris // Pensions & Investments;6/23/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 13, p3
Morgan Stanley Alternative Investment Partners LP's mediocre hedge fund of funds performance last year proves bigger is not always better. The $ 719 million Morgan Stanley Institutional Fund of Hedge Funds LP is the largest hedge fund of funds registered with the U.S. Securities and Exchange...