Selling of ERC's $7.5B Portfolio Snowballs
- GE Said To Be In Talks To Sell Life Re Business. Thomas, Trevor // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;5/5/2003, Vol. 107 Issue 18, p48
Speculates on the possible sale of the life reinsurance business of General Electric (GE) Employers Reinsurance Corp. (ERC) to Swiss Reinsurance Co. Plans of GE Co. to sell both the life and casualty-property businesses of ERC; Disappointment of GE over the financial performance of ERC;...
- New CEO Gives ERC More Of A GE Face. Lonkevich, Dan // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;08/09/99, Vol. 103 Issue 32, p23
Features David Calhoun, former General Electric (GE) Lighting president and chief executive officer (CEO) turned Employers Reinsurance Corp.'s (ERC) CEO. Comments by Keith Buckley, a senior vice president and head of property-casualty insurance ratings at Duff and Phelps; Views of Calhoun on...
- A Fresh Perspective. // Best's Review;Feb2004, Vol. 104 Issue 10, p24
Interviews chief executive officer Ronald R. Pressman regarding his tenure in the Employers Reinsurance Corp. Experience at General Electric; Problems faced in underwriting; Difficulty in changing the culture of pricing and retention.
- GE insurer is insolvent. McLeod, Douglas // Business Insurance;12/11/95, Vol. 29 Issue 50, p1
Reports that after the collapse of General Electric Company legal action is sparking against United States regulators who have approved the reorganization plan. When did liquidation filing came; Information on Electric Mutual Liability Insurance Company (EMLICO); Comments.
- Municipal Prices Slip for Fourth Straight Session. Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;6/20/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32406, p2
The article reports on the weakening of the tax-exempt market and treasury market in the U.S. Employers Reinsurance Corp. is accepting bids, which is the third list circulated by the firm out of a liquidation that totals $7.5 billion. Industrial Development Agency company has sold $39 million of...
- ERC Ponders Strategic Repositioning. Howard, Lisa S. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;12/2/2002, Vol. 106 Issue 48, p34
Focuses on the strategic repositioning of the Employers Reinsurance Corp. in Overland Park, Kansas. Recognition of pretax loss-reserve; Desire to exit the property-casualty business; Plans to sell the life business of the company.
- Employers Re enters primary market with purchase of IRI from pool members. Souter, Gavin // Business Insurance;12/22/97, Vol. 31 Issue 52, p1
Presents information on Employer Reinsurance Corporation, who has purchased Industrial Risk Insurers (IRI). Who will buy the assets of IRI; What will happen with these assets after they are purchased; Statistical information on IRI.
- E&S mkt. responds to cyberspace risks. Esters, Stephanie D. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;11/24/97, Vol. 101 Issue 47, p14
Presents information on market products attempting to cover cyberspace risks. Description of the E&O Form of the Employers Reinsurance Company; Three types of companies initially trying to underwrite cyberspace business; Coverage of the InsureSite and SafetyTek policy.
- Bringing good things to light. Greenwald, Judy // Business Insurance;12/20/99, Vol. 33 Issue 51, p1
Profiles David L. Calhoun, chairman and chief executive officer at Employers Reinsurance Corp. (ERC). Predecessor; Advantages of being an outsider in the reinsurance industry, according to Calhoun; Opinion on several issues in the reinsurance industry; Employment background.