Verheugen wants speedy resolution of Reach
- EC Alert over REACH Pre-Registration. // Colourage;May2008, Vol. 55 Issue 5, p133
The article reports on the statement of the European Commission and European Chemicals Agency urging companies to pre-register all chemicals under the Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction (REACH) regulations by December 1, 2008. The companies of chemicals should have to...
- SMEs should not collapse under the weight of Reach. Robinson, Simon // European Chemical News;10/4/2004, Vol. 81 Issue 2118, p7
Discusses the need to examine the impact of the Registration, Evaluation, and Authorisation of Chemicals program on small and medium businesses in Europe, according to European Union industry commissioner Gunter Verheugen.
- Who hates whom in the commission. Pis, Manneken // Prospect;Mar2005, Issue 108, p54
Discusses the tension between European Union commissioners Gunter Verheugen and Neelie Kroes in relation to regulations on the chemical industry. Consideration of the nationality of both commissioners; Responsibilities of both commissioners in the Union; Career highlights.
- EU High Level Group Calls for Concrete Follow-Up Measures. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;3/2/2009, Vol. 171 Issue 6, p13
The article reports that the European Commission's High Level Group (HLG) on the Competitiveness of the European Chemicals Industry has asked all stakeholders to consider and implement its recommendations. A report from the HLG says that the European Union's (EU) share of global chemical...
- China Implements New Chemicals Environmental Administration. // China Chemical Reporter;8/16/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 23, p6
Reports on the implementation of Environmental Administration Method for new chemicals in China. Impact of the new method on chemical industry; Terms and conditions of the new method; Necessary status of administrating examination and approval for new chemicals.
- Sodium Dichromate Production Bears Rich Fruits. // China Chemical Reporter;3/16/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p15
Provides an overview on sodium dichromate production in China. Commercial production technology development project for sodium dichromate production with the calcium-free roasting process; Average annual rate of the demand of sodium dichromate; Solution to the caking of powder feedstock;...
- Report highlights 'orphan' chemicals in HPV challenge. Cozier, Muriel // European Chemical News;6/28/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2106, p23
Focuses on a report released by U.S.-based Environmental Defense which revealed that some of eligible chemicals in the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's high production volume (HPV) challenge have not been sponsored by their producers. Basis of the report; Number of companies cited in the...
- Shandong Shuts up Polluting Chemical Companies. // China Chemical Reporter;7/26/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 21, p15
The article reports on the result of special activity that was conducted by Shandong provincial government revealing that Jinan Qilu Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd., Jinan Chemical Fertilizer Plant and Zibo Hualong Chemical Industry Co. Ltd. were ordered to suspend production for rectification because...
- Responsible Actions. // Chemical Week;4/12/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 13, p33
The article presents information on the Responsible Care program in Malaysia. The program was started by the Chemical Industries Council of Malaysia in 1994. It is designed to inspire companies to enhance their health and safety standards and environmental policies and is marked by an annual...