- OxyVinyl to reduce emissions of vinyl chloride by 50 precent. Verespej, Mike // Plastics News;8/14/2006, Vol. 18 Issue 24, p7
The article reports that OxyVinyls LP will reduce the emission of combined annual vinyl chloride from its plants at Pasadena and Deer Park, Texas. Under an agreement with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, the company has promised to reduce vinyl chloride emissions by more than 50 percent...
- OxyVinyls, EPA Agree on Vinyl Chloride Emission Reductions. Sissell, Kara // Chemical Week;6/14/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 20, p13
The article reports on the agreement between the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and OxyVinyls that will require vinyl chloride emission-reduction projects as of June 14, 2006. OxyVinyls has agreed to spend money on a number of environmental projects that will reduce emissions every year....
- basic chemicals & plastics. // Chemical Week;10/26/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 35, p41
Presents an update on the chemical industry as of October 26, 2005. Price increases on polyvinyl chloride announced by OxyVinyls; Increase in the capacity of Advanced Aromatics' crude naphthalene unit in Baytown, Texas; Reconstruction of the olefins unit of Formosa Plastics in Point Comfort, Texas.
- news briefs. // Chemical Week;1/2/2001, Vol. 164 Issue 1, p7
Presents an update on the chemical industry as of January 2, 2002. Plan of Royal Dutch/Shell company to sell its stake in Shell Chemical company; Decision of Lyondell Chemical company to cut its capital expenditure budget in 2002; Closure of the chlor-alkali plant of OxyVinyls company in Deer...
- PolyOne hit by Katrina. // Chemical Market Reporter;9/19/2005, Vol. 268 Issue 9, p6
Reports on the impact of Hurricane Katrina on the chemical business of PolyOne Corp. in the U.S. Claim of the company that its third-quarter earnings will be hit by higher raw material costs, logistical problems, and the lack of an anticipated uptick in demand after a weak second quarter;...
- Rohm and Haas Kankakee plant receives EPA award. // Paintindia;Sep2008, Vol. 58 Issue 9, p146
The article announces that the facility of Rohm and Haas in Kankakee, Illinois received the National Environmental Performance Track Award from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) in 2008.
- Houston Asks Oil and Chemical Firms to Volunteer in Benzene-Reduction Program. Sissell, Kara // Chemical Week;3/14/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 9, p13
The article reports on the request made by the City of Houston, Texas for major refiners and chemical makers in the area to participate in a voluntary benzene emission-reduction program. The benzene-reduction plan ranks facilities that have the highest benzene emissions and then lists the...
- Rohm and Haas Earns Sustainability Award. // Finishing Today;Oct2007, Vol. 83 Issue 10, p10
The article announces that the Rohm and Haas Co. has received the 2007 Hydro Sustainability Award.
- Rohm and Haas Kankakee plant receives EPA award. // Chemical Business;Oct2008, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p86
The article announces that Rohm and Haas Kankakee received the National Environmental Performance Track Award from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).