Caustic soda hike is on the cards
- Chlor-alkali. // Chemical Business;May99, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p61
Focuses on the unstable prices of chlor-alkali and caustic soda in the world market. Information on the expectations of some chlor-alkali plants on their production.
- Caustic Soda Surges Worldwide. Noor-Drugan, Natalie; Sim, Peck Hwee // Chemical Week;10/25/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 40, p47
Reports on the price hikes that European caustic soda producers implemented effective October 2000. Reason for the increasing caustic soda prices worldwide; Causes of stretched global supply.
- European Producers Raise Prices. Noor-Drugan, Natalie // Chemical Week;3/7/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 10, p42
Reports on the plans of European caustic soda producers to increase second-quarter contract prices in Northwest Europe in 2001. Reason for the increase of caustic soda spot prices; Price increases announced by United States producers; Effect of the closure of the caustic soda unit of OxyChem at...
- Producers Raise Caustic Soda Prices. Jarvis, Lisa // Chemical Market Reporter;07/31/2000, Vol. 258 Issue 5, p3
Offers a look at the price increase for liquid caustic soda made by chemical producers. Factors that contributed to the move of chemical producers in raising caustic soda price; Information on the rising production costs; Financial performance of some caustic soda producers.
- European Caustic Prices Advance. Noor-Drugan, Natalie; Sim, Peck Hwee // Chemical Week;6/13/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 23, p33
Focuses on caustic soda price increases for June 2001 in Europe. Factors which contributed to the price increase; Demand for caustic soda in North America and Romania; Decline in United States spot prices.
- Poor demand hits Q2 prices. Todd, Martin // European Chemical News;7/21/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2062, p12
Reports the decline in the market prices for European caustic soda in the second quarter of 2003. Indications of the reported spot prices; Price outlook of producers.
- Chloralkali pricing remains weak but could be poised to rise sharply. Brown, Robert // Chemical Market Reporter;12/14/98, Vol. 254 Issue 24, p10
Reports on chloralkali producers' decision not to impose a price increase for caustic soda in the United States. Factors affecting the producers' decision; Caustic prices in the US as compared to global prices; Impact of an explosion at Formosa Plastics plant in Texas on chlorine and caustic soda.
- PRICING. // Pulp & Paper;Dec2000, Vol. 74 Issue 12, p64
Announces some chemical price increases as of December 2000. Caustic soda from Dow Chemical Co.; Packaging inks and coatings from Sun Chemical; Polyvinyl alcohol from DuPont Packaging and Industrial Polymers.
- Chlor-Alkali Pricing Makes a Comeback. Adams, Jarret // Chemical Week;10/13/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 38, p12
Presents information on the performance of the chlor-alkali market in October 1999. Price increase per ton; Factors that have constricted caustic soda supply; Effects of the strong demand for polyvinyl chloride on chlorine prices.