Q3 methanol market in turmoil
- Methanol players are closely eyeing Asia for 2011. BRICE, ANDY; YEO, ROSS; Hui, Heng; Kelly, Lane // ICIS Chemical Business;1/10/2011, Vol. 279 Issue 2, p17
The article implies that the global methanol market will continue to be affected by activity in Asia, and particularly China, in 2011. It is stated that growth in China is estimated at more than 20%/year on average and is widely expected to continue at the same pace like in 2010. According to...
- Untitled. Kelley, Lane // ICIS Chemical Business;5/5/2014, Vol. 287 Issue 17, p34
The article examines the methanol fuel and methanol industries in the U.S. The reopening of methanol plants in Texas by the chemical industry firms OCI and LyondellBasell and plans for construction of methanol plants in the U.S. by OCI and the companies Celanese and Methanex are examined in...
- Salalah Methanol puts the record straight. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;3/11/2005, Vol. 49 Issue 10, p17
Presents a correction to an article on the planned Salalah methanol fuel project in Oman that was previously published in the March 2005 issue of "Middle East Economic Digest."
- SPOT PRICES UP, BUT NOT FOR LONG. McElligott, Suzanne // Chemical Week;7/19/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 27, p12
Reports that the impending arrival of low-cost methanol imports from a plant in Trinidad will force United States spot and contract prices lower by early August 2000. Reason for the delayed arrival of methanol imports from Saturn Methanol's plant; Spot methanol prices in early July 2000.
- New Capacity Snuffs Out Price Gains. Terry, Larry // Chemical Week;10/20/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 39, p20
Forecast that methanol contract gains will soon abates as capacity additions outpace plant shutdowns in the United States as of 1999. Reason for the slow down in methanol contract; Status of methanol contract pricing and rate.
- Sabic in Talks to Invest in Methanol-to-Petrochemicals Project in Trinidad. // Chemical Week;2/6/2012, Vol. 174 Issue 4, p4
The article reports on the manufacturing company Saudi Basic Industries Corporation's (Sabic) bid to invest in a methanol-to-petrochemicals facility to be constructed in Point Lisas, Trinidad.
- Methanor Ups Methanol in the Netherlands. // Chemical Week;2/20/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 5, p21
Reports on the plan of Methanor to expand the capacity of its methanol plant in Delfzijl, the Netherlands as of February 20, 2002. Ownership of Dynea in Methanor; Company to which Methanor has awarded the expansion contract.
- Techint wins EMethanex work. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;8/25/2006, Vol. 50 Issue 34, p15
The article focuses on the selection of Techint for the contract to carry out detailed engineering and early procurement works on the greenfield methanol plant planned in the Damietta port in Egypt by the Egyptian Methanex Methanol Co. (EMethanex). The next stage in the implementation of the...
- Methanol Powered Portables. Baker, Glenn // New Zealand Management;Jul2003, Vol. 50 Issue 6, p20
Features the Direct Methanol Fuel Cell (DMFC), a technology that utilizes methanol and ambient oxygen as fuel to supply power to devices such as portable computer, unveiled by Toshiba Corp. at the CeBit Expo in Germany. Advantages of using DMFC; Key features; Information on Toshiba's Flexible...