- Honam delays decision on MMA. // Asian Chemical News;10/13/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 420, p23
Reports that Honam Petrochemical has delayed a decision on whether or not to expand its methyl methacrylate (MMA) plant in Yeochun, South Korea. Reason for the company's announcement that it will add MMA capacity in 2002.
- Mitsubishi Rayon, Honam Team Up To Build MMA Plant in Korea. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;2/8/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 5, p16
Reports on the agreement of Honam Petrochemical and Mitsubishi Rayon to form a joint venture that will produce methyl methacrylate (MMA) and polymethyl methacrylate in Korea. Amount of fund to be invested by the companies to build plants; Information on the MMA businesses of Mitsubishi Rayon;...
- Olefins ideas rise, lldPE increases too. // Asian Chemical News;5/19/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 402, p32
Reports that Asian olefin buying and selling ideas rose in May 2003. Factor that justified the higher olefin selling ideas; Reduction on capacity utilization at the crackers of Honam Petrochemical and Yeochu Naphtha Cracker Center in May 2003; South Korean ethylene settlement for May 2003.
- basic chemicals & plastics. // Chemical Week;9/25/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 37, p44
Presents news on the chemical industry as of September 25, 2002. Plan of Honam Petrochemical to close its cracker at Yosu, South Korea for a week in early October 2002; Average annual growth rate of the demand for petrochemicals in Asia/Pacific.
- Blast dashes ethylene hopes. // Asian Chemical News;10/13/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 420, p28
Reports on the effect of a blast at Honam Petrochemical's polyethylene (PE) plant in South Korea on October 3, 2003 on ethylene prices in Asia. Damage caused by the accident; Increase in PE prices in China; PE buying interest from traders. INSET: HdPE up as Chinese buyers return to market.
- Honam eyes move into China with jvs. // Asian Chemical News;9/13/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 460, p7
Reports on the plan of Honam Petrochemical to enter the Chinese market through joint ventures with local companies in 2004. Factors that influenced the decision of the company; Materials exported by Honam to China; Goal of the company.
- Investment mood lights up. RICHARDSON, JOHN // ICIS Chemical Business;1/3/2011, Vol. 279 Issue 1, p26
The article presents information on various expansion plans and investments related to the petrochemical industry in 2011 in South Korea. Seo Kyung Sun, executive director of data analysis service Chemical Market Research, comments that by 2013 South Korea is set to raise its ethylene and...
- projects hot sheet. // Chemical Week;5/10/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 19, p29
Provides updates on the expansion plans of chemical companies as of May 10, 2000. Plan of Bayer company to construct a second polycarbonate plant in Thailand; Plan of Honam Petrochemical to expand ethylene capacity at a plant in South Korea; Move of Rhodia company to double the capacity of its...
- projects hot sheet. // Chemical Week;12/5/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 45, p22
Presents information on some chemical plant projects as of December 5, 2001. Additional ethylene and propylene capacity to Honam Petrochemical's olefins complex at Yeochon, Korea; Company that will build a fluoropolymers unit at Changshu, China; Perstorp Formox's contracts to build formaldehyde...