Overstrained market puts paid to Sabic expansion
- Delays hold up EurOPE 1. Gordon, Michael // European Chemical News;12/5/2005, Vol. 83 Issue 2174, p19
The article provides information on construction constraints being experienced by Sabic Europe in its â‚¬1.5 billion olefins and polyolefins projects in the Netherlands and Germany according to Frans Noteborn, CEO for the firm. Difficulties in obtaining delivery dates from equipment...
- SABIC invests in Eastern Europe. // Chemical Business;Feb2009, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p79
This article reports on the continued investments of the SABIC family of plastics businesses in the Eastern European market. SABIC Innovative Plastics and SABIC Europe have introduced its expanded sales team in a new sales office in Moscow, Russia. The team will offers customers regional...
- Cracking open the European market. Dunkley, Clare // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;11/7/2003, Vol. 47 Issue 45, p38
Reports on the acquisition of the petrochemicals business of DSM in the Netherlands by Saudi Basic Industries Corp. in 2002. Cost of the acquisition; Aim of the deal; Remarks from Frans Noteborn of Sabic-EuroPetrochemicals on the expansion; Challenges faced by the companies in rebranding.
- Sabic Euro continues Iran ldPE talks. Tan, Clara // Asian Chemical News;2/17/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 389, p20
Focuses on the decision of Sabic EuroPetrochemicals to continue its negotiation with Sasol and National Petrochemical Co. (NPC) for a low density polyethylene investment project of NPC in Assaluyeh, Iran. Overview of the project; Details of the joint-venture contract.
- Sabic pulls out of Assaluyeh ldPE. Tan, Clara // Asian Chemical News;3/17/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 393, p20
Reports on the decision of Sabic EuroPetrochemicals not to invest in a IdPE project downstream of National Petrochemical Co. Olefins No9 project in Assaluyeh, Iran as of March 2003. Reason behind the move; Background on the company; Overview of the project.
- Sabic Mulls Expansion. // Chemical Market Reporter;9/22/2003, Vol. 264 Issue 9, p6
Reports on the investment of the petrochemical firm Sabic EuroPetrochemicals for its expansion in the Netherlands.
- Do the right thing. // ICIS Chemical Business;9/24/2007, Vol. 272 Issue 11, p6
The article presents views of Boy Litjens, chief executive officer of SABIC EuroPetrochemicals, on future of the petroleum industry. He says that the petroleum sector is at the peak of profitability and it is best time to plan for investment in the most efficient plant for long-term sustainable...
- Sabic EuroPetrochemicals. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;9/22/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 31, p17
Reports on the growth of Sabic EuroPetrochemicals after its acquisition of DSM in July 2002. Information on the expansion strategy of Sabic; Background on the company; Earnings posted for the first quarter of 2004.
- Sabic to Decide Soon on Cracker; Propylene Pipeline Hits Snags. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;11/30/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 41, p21
The article reports that Sabic Europe plans to make a final decision in the first quarter of 2006 on a previously announced petro-chemicals expansion project that involves construction of a naphtha cracker. Sable Europe encountered difficulties in a previously announced propylene pipeline...